Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project and code updates

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

theratt

Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project and code updates

Post by theratt »

LogicDelux over at the lucasfourms site has almost completed the patch that converts the SE of Monkey Island to a full-fledged talkie version of the original. The finished conversion is a game that is playable in ScummVM or in DOS. He has also made several patches and updates to the game (Spiffy the Dog, Narrator, etc..)

The only catch is he had to make some changes to the way ScummVM handles MI, and makes it more like Fate of Atlantis.

He has posted his source for this update, but only supplied a compiled version for windows. I was wondering if these changes he has made to ScummVM could be pushed to the main code base?
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project and code updat

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

theratt wrote:He has posted his source for this update
For this topic, my feature request 3076698 is probably more convenient for reference then the entire source.
theratt

Post by theratt »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:For this topic, my feature request 3076698 is probably more convenient for reference then the entire source.
A feature request also has a much better chance of getting implemented then just a post, IMHO. Thanks for chiming in LogicDeLuxe.
yodatreat

Post by yodatreat »

This is awesome and exactly what I've been searching for. I loved the voices in Curse and was hoping talkie versions of 1 and 2 ould come out. Yay internets!
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

There is now a patch for Monkey 2 (link) that has started Development
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

QuestingHero wrote:There is now a patch for Monkey 2 (link) that has started Development
great news 8) i love these people.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

If I wanted to buy MI:SE & MI2:SE from steam for use with these patches would I need to install the steam software and would I need to keep the steam software once I've downloaded them?

Or are there other places to buy them?
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:A feature request also has a much better chance of getting implemented then just a post, IMHO. Thanks for chiming in LogicDeLuxe.
It´s Time they implement the Patch finally. I don´t want to play it on Windows but on the PSP!
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

ezekiel000 wrote:If I wanted to buy MI:SE & MI2:SE from steam for use with these patches would I need to install the steam software and would I need to keep the steam software once I've downloaded them?

Or are there other places to buy them?
You would need to keep Steam to play the SE versions, but you would not need it to play this. (as long as you create it before uninstalling Steam.)

You can buy the first Special Edition from Telltale Games, however I'm not sure if it's just a code for Steam or a separate game that you download on the Telltale Games website:

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/secretofmonkeyisland
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

You don't have to have the Steam version of MISE specifically. You can use any release as long as the patch is in the same folder as the Monkey1.pak file.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

MusicallyInspired wrote:You can use any release as long as the patch is in the same folder as the Monkey1.pak file.
Unfortunately not: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=61917#61917

Any PC version should work, though. Other versions may or may not.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Ah yes. I actually meant the PC. I completely forgot about non-PC releases.
Lan

Post by Lan »

Did we ever get this into the official releases? :)

Thanks
XDelusion

Post by XDelusion »

I would REALLY like to see this added to the official code as well! It would be nice to be able to relive my classic Amiga experience on one of the latest renditions of the Amiga OS with talkie features!
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

I got the first Monkey Island Special Edition from Steam on their latest sale (pretty cheap) and was highly disappointed to see this version wasn't supported by the main, non hacked, SCUMMVM releases.

Are there any odd legal reasons why these aren't being supported yet?