as big as you like icon

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

viper2843

Post by viper2843 »

You will need a larger icon once Windows Vista comes out as the new maximum size for a icon in the new OS is 256x256 pixels.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

No we won't. That's one of the benefits of SVG, you can scale the picture to whatever size you want with no loss of quality.
viper2843

Post by viper2843 »

Yeah. I get that. That is why this SVG icon is great. It is already set for Vista. I guess I should have said that in my previous post. :oops: :)
gord

Post by gord »

course the need for a larger icon has been around for much longer, especially for those of us not running on windows, im not sure about osx or KDE but at least on gnome you can resize icons to any size and svg is supported naturally.

i think your alterations make it look better sev :)

i would be carefull about the copyright information thats held in the svg though, just in case (im not sure how well the gpl covers svg's, creative commons would be better, but im not sure how the scummvm licence would alter the svg's licence). in inkscape you'll find that in Document Preferences -> metadata.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

The logo (actually an icon) has been updated. Another forum readed made a good work. Now it looks really astonishing. Check his work at

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/ ... m_icon.svg

Eugene
Jamieson630

Post by Jamieson630 »

I have a problem with the latest logo/icon versions in that they are both based on low-grade raster images. I understand that the raster image used for the main fill of the "scumm" text allows for a more "interesting" feel, but it just looks blocky or fuzzy if you try to upscale the vector image.

There was a version of the icon (with improvements by sev, I think) that had vector based slime components. I really really admired this version of the icon because it had no raster components whatsoever. If I wanted to print it full page at 300 DPI, it would still look crystal-clear.

Now I can't even find this version in the SVN revisions history. What happened to it?