It's Time for ScummVM 1.2.0 Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pykman

Post by pykman »

---> clone2727

Thanks for digging that log!

There will be now more trouble in the future I promise! :)

I just thought that when I'm using source to compile program I've only get the date and not revision number and I was sure I'm doing everything allright.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

clone2727 wrote:
Warepire wrote:Not added to bugtracker because I don't know how to (New guy)
Did you see the link to the bug tracker in the opening post? It's pretty straightforward... Not to mention there's a nice section in the FAQ for it.
Bugs added to the tracker, sorry for the inconvenience, I am new at this testing/bugfinding stuff :oops:
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game: Lure of the Temptress
Game Version: VGA/DOS/English (US)
ScummVM Version: 1.3.0svn52861

I completed the game and found no problems.
Truus999

Question about personal nightmare

Post by Truus999 »

From the engines page on the wuki:

Complete engines in the latest unstable version
AGOS: Personal Nightmare
Gob: Fascination
SCI (SCI0-SCI1.1): Newer Sierra adventure games (based on FreeSCI)

I'm missing personal nightmare in the new games of the new release.

Is the wiki page not correct or have we got an orphaned game?

Cheers,
René
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Question about personal nightmare

Post by LordHoto »

Truus999 wrote:From the engines page on the wuki:

Complete engines in the latest unstable version
AGOS: Personal Nightmare
Gob: Fascination
SCI (SCI0-SCI1.1): Newer Sierra adventure games (based on FreeSCI)

I'm missing personal nightmare in the new games of the new release.

Is the wiki page not correct or have we got an orphaned game?
I guess it's considered complete but Kirben did not approve (or maybe forgot :-P) to add it to the newly supported games in this release, thus it'll be included in one of the next releases.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: Nippon Safes Inc.
Game Version: Multi-lingual/Dos
ScummVM Version: 1.3.0svn r52876

Problems: Game is not completable (Doug's section) due to bug 2880939 still being present.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: The Black Cauldron
Game Version: 2.00 1987-06-14/DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.3.0svn r52876

Problems: None, it's completable without issues as far as I can tell. Tested the "Henwen to Gwystyl's" way of going through the game.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

Game: Maniac Mansion
Game Version: NES/English (US)
ScummVM Version: 1.3.0svn52909

The game is completable, but the camera halting bug at the title and meteor police is back (Bug 1328120). The other bugs are still there, (Bug 3069656), (Bug 3069640).

Bug 3069659 didn't happen for me this time, but it might be because I tested with Windows. I'm going to try it again in Ubuntu.

I completed the game using Bernard to call the Meteor Police.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

can someone tell me where you guys are downloading windows svn 1.3.0 rxxxxx from?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

monster99f150 wrote:can someone tell me where you guys are downloading windows svn 1.3.0 rxxxxx from?
It's compiled directly from the trunk. The daily build download is basically the same thing except that the engines that aren't officially supported in this release will not be enabled.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

KuroShiro wrote: It's compiled directly from the trunk. The daily build download is basically the same thing except that the engines that aren't officially supported in this release will not be enabled.
Is that really appropriate for testing 1.2.0 though? The 1.2.0 branch and the trunk are already starting to diverge.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
KuroShiro wrote: It's compiled directly from the trunk. The daily build download is basically the same thing except that the engines that aren't officially supported in this release will not be enabled.
Is that really appropriate for testing 1.2.0 though? The 1.2.0 branch and the trunk are already starting to diverge.
How exactly are they different? I've set up mingw to update the trunk and build with --enable-release automatically. Is this different than what you would get with the daily build?

Edit: Hm, just built it again (after a few days) and now it shows 1.2.0pre rather than 1.3.0svn.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

KuroShiro wrote: How exactly are they different? I've set up mingw to update the trunk and build with --enable-release automatically. Is this different than what you would get with the daily build?
The 1.2.0 branch is what will become the next stable release, so at least in theory there should only be bug fixes (or workarounds that may be fixed properly in some different way on the trunk later) on it. The trunk is still where the main development happens.
Truus999

Kings Quest IV agi

Post by Truus999 »

OS Win 7
ScummVM 1.2.0 pre 52876
game: 1.0K Apple IIgs

No problems with the game. Sometimes distorted sounds but I can't compare them to the original so I'm not sure if those are bugs and I didn't file a bug report.

One thing. If you want to save a game and you wan't to re-use the one that's on top of the list it will say this slot is for autosave only. So the screen shows slot 1-12 (0 = autosave) and you select 1 you het this message. Shall I file a bug report for this?

Cheers,
René
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Kings Quest IV agi

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Truus999 wrote:So the screen shows slot 1-12 (0 = autosave) and you select 1 you het this message. Shall I file a bug report for this?
It seems it thinks the topmost slot is always the auto-save slot. That's easy enough to fix, though to be honest I don't see why the save dialog has to show the autosave slot at all. (I don't know if I should make any elaborate changes to the branch at this stage, but the simple fix at least belongs there.)