Lands of Lore (md5 for unextracted files)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fac

Lands of Lore (md5 for unextracted files)

Post by fac »

Hi,

i noticed in the Wiki that Lands of Lore (LOL) is not oficially supported (but the game should be completable). Today i decided to verify if my floppy version is detected. And it was detected with the description:

Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (Extracted/DOS/English)

Looking at the source i realized that the unextracted install files could also be detected. Unfortunately my install files aren't detected. This is what ScummVM shows in the console window:

Code: Select all

Please, report the following data to the ScummVM team along with name of the game you tried to add and its version/language/etc.:
{"WESTWOOD.1", 0, "320b2828be595c491903f467094f05eb", 1352193},
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Post by athrxx »

I can't test this since my English floppy version has a different md5. I have just added your reported md5. Please test with the latest svn build. If it doesn't work (or you don't test :wink: ) I might have to remove it again.

Please pay extra attention to the voc sound effects (intro/ingame). Do these get decoded correctly or do you just get noise (or does it crash even)?
fac

Post by fac »

athrxx wrote: Please pay extra attention to the voc sound effects (intro/ingame). Do these get decoded correctly or do you just get noise (or does it crash even)?
The intro has no problem. I can hear the voices.

When i choose "Start a new game" i get this in the console (in both unextracted and extracted Lands of Lore:

Using configuration file: scummvm.ini
User picked target 'lol' (gameid 'lol')...
Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Legend of Kyrandia Engine
Starting 'Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos'
WARNING: Unsupported XMIDI controller 111 (0x6f)!
WARNING: Couldn't load sound file 'KING01'!
WARNING: Couldn't load sound file '000C0'!
WARNING: Couldn't load sound file 'KING03'!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fac wrote: WARNING: Unsupported XMIDI controller 111 (0x6f)!
I don't know about the other messages, but this one is just another indication that ScummVM's implementation of XMIDI (part of the Miles Sound System) isn't complete. According to available documentation, this particular one is called the "Channel Lock Protect" control.

It can probably be ignored for now.
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Post by athrxx »

The warnings about missing sound files concern speech files only present in the DOS CD version. The floppy versions don't have speech in the character selection. I have just silenced these warnings in svn.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
fac wrote: WARNING: Unsupported XMIDI controller 111 (0x6f)!
I don't know about the other messages, but this one is just another indication that ScummVM's implementation of XMIDI (part of the Miles Sound System) isn't complete. According to available documentation, this particular one is called the "Channel Lock Protect" control.

It can probably be ignored for now.
Actually KYRA implements that, but our MidiParser code emits that, thus for KYRA at least that shouldn't be much of an issue.