SCI Pre-Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
frogger
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: SCI Pre-Release Testing

Post by frogger »

Game: Police Quest II: The Vengeance
Game Version: (DOS/English), 1.002.011
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0svn51577
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
Problems: completable, but paging files at the jail causes crash: "unknown kDisplay argument (0000:0075) from method rm23Script::elements (Script 23, localCall 4c1)!"

maybe gotten fixed today by workaround
KuroShiro
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Miyazaki, Japan

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest
Game Version: Dos/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 51577
OS: Windows 7 x64

Problems: None. The game is completable with no noticeable issues.

Also, since it's been missed, Codename:ICEMAN (Dos/English) is completable without problems as of r51550.
User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 »

KuroShiro wrote:Also, since it's been missed, Codename:ICEMAN (Dos/English) is completable without problems as of r51550.
Oops, sorry about that. Added too :)
User avatar
Red_Breast
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: The Bar Of Gold, Upper Swandam Lane.

Post by Red_Breast »

Game: Freddy Pharkas
Game Version: Floppy/DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0 r51527 (buildbot)
Operating System: Wii

Bug 3037192

Already reported by KuroShiro. Confirmed in floppy version as well.
0handle
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by 0handle »

Game: Quest for Glory 1: So You Want to Be a Hero? (EGA)
Game Version: DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0svnr51577
Operating System: Vista (32 bit)

Game is completable and saves the character.
Fandango
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 am

Post by Fandango »

Game: Space Quest V: The Next Mutation
Version:DOS/English
ScummVM:1.2.0svn51565
OS: Windows 7 x64

After killing WD40 with the banana and meeting up with Cliffy at the falls, I beamed back to the ship. Forgot what I was supposed to do at that point, so I tried immediately getting onto the teleporter and beaming back down to the planet. Even though Cliffy had not beamed back onto the ship yet because I had not left the sickbay first, I still got his "Hold up Captain, I'll go with you" dialogue, and then I was stuck with Roger standing on the telepad by himself because Cliffy was not there to get on. The mouse had disappeared for this sequence and I could not interact with anything, so I was forced to close ScummVM. Tried several times and it happened each time.
User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 »

Fandango wrote:After killing WD40 with the banana and meeting up with Cliffy at the falls, I beamed back to the ship. Forgot what I was supposed to do at that point, so I tried immediately getting onto the teleporter and beaming back down to the planet. Even though Cliffy had not beamed back onto the ship yet because I had not left the sickbay first, I still got his "Hold up Captain, I'll go with you" dialogue, and then I was stuck with Roger standing on the telepad by himself because Cliffy was not there to get on. The mouse had disappeared for this sequence and I could not interact with anything, so I was forced to close ScummVM. Tried several times and it happened each time.
Did you file a bug report?
User avatar
Red_Breast
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: The Bar Of Gold, Upper Swandam Lane.

Post by Red_Breast »

Game: Castle of Dr. Brain
Game Version: EGA/DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0 r51527 (buildbot)
Operating System: Wii

Completed - no problems

(Novice level by the way - I'm a wimp)
EddyDrama
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by EddyDrama »

Game: Jones In The Fast Lane
Game Version: EGA/DOS/ENGLISH
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51602
Operating System: WinXP (SP3)

Game does not start.


Game: Jones In The Fast Lane
Game Version: DOS/ENGLISH
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51602
Operating System: WinXP (SP3)

Completable, did 2 playthroughs and found no other bugs than music. Music does not play correctly on most occasions (does not play all the instruments or correct instruments depending on the location).
EddyDrama
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by EddyDrama »

Game: Hoyle Official Book Of Games: Volume 1
Game Version: EGA/DOS/ENGLISH
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51602
Operating System: WinXP (SP3)

Partially Playable, Hearts and Cribbage seems to produce crashes.

Other than those two parts of Hoyle vol.1, I have been spending quite the few hours with this game.

Edit: Bug Number 3038433 (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=418820)
Last edited by EddyDrama on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 »

EddyDrama wrote:Game: Hoyle Official Book Of Games: Volume 1
Game Version: EGA/DOS/ENGLISH
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51602
Operating System: WinXP (SP3)

Partially Playable, Hearts and Cribbage seems to produce crashes.

Other than those two parts of Hoyle vol.1, I have been spending quite the few hours with this game.
Please say the bug tracker numbers of the bugs you report here when saying there's a problem with a game.
EddyDrama
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by EddyDrama »

Sorry, edited my last post to have it. Is that okay?
User avatar
Scarlatti
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Brazil

Post by Scarlatti »

Fan Game: LockerGnome Quest
Game Version: DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51672
Operating System: Win32 (XP SP2)

Completable. No problems noted.
User avatar
Scarlatti
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Brazil

Post by Scarlatti »

Fan Game: Circus Quest
Game Version: DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51672
Operating System: Win32 (XP SP2)

Can't even load. Bug 3038686.
User avatar
Scarlatti
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Brazil

Post by Scarlatti »

Fan Game: Another DG Game: I Want My C64 Back
Game Versions: DOS/English and French
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN51672
Operating System: Win32 (XP SP2)

Completable. No problems noted.
Post Reply