Are there any adventure games with dialouge choices?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Bluddy wrote:e) All of the endings are really determined about 1 minute from the end.
IIRC, not quite. The ending with that girl needs a bit more set-up, I think.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Bluddy wrote: e) All of the endings are really determined about 1 minute from the end. I hate when games pull this trick. Literally, you can save 1 minute from the end, and then depending on what you do, you'll get to see every ending. It makes the notion of multiple endings meaningless -- it's just a feature to slap on a game to make it look better.
According to this page, some endings depend on things you did in the first act. But, as I said, I didn't get the impression that anything I did really had any meaningful impact so I had no incentive to replay it. (Though perhaps I will some day. It is a very pretty game to look at.)
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

According to this page, some endings depend on things you did in the first act. But, as I said, I didn't get the impression that anything I did really had any meaningful impact so I had no incentive to replay it. (Though perhaps I will some day. It is a very pretty game to look at.)
Actually this page here seems to be an advanced design document for the game. It's quite impressive. I wonder how much of this stuff they managed to squeeze in.

Interesting that initially they had real gameplay -- there were puzzles to solve. I guess they ran out of time. The fact that they hid the dialog choices by default also suggests this.

But having read this document, the real problem with the game in my opinion is that I understood only a small percentage of the story because the narrative/descriptions were so minimal. Kinda makes me want to play it again now :)
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Oh and I managed to get all endings but the Dektora ones by choosing to do different things a minute or two before the ending.