Discount for ScummVM members only

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hetecro

Discount for ScummVM members only

Post by hetecro »

ScummVM users and members of the fora alike:

Though it has been a while since I have posted here, I just wanted to say thank you for all the support over the years in bringing my childhood games back into my hands to play on modern machines and portables alike.

I have been a user of ScummVM and a member of various Monkey Island related fora for many years. (Like benny's quick n easy and mojo) I have always wanted to help the members here as much as you have all helped me. I am very pleased to announce that I finally have a chance to give back.

I recently got a job working at a small retail game store in Statesboro, Georgia. After much begging and many meetings with my boss, I finally convinced him to allow a special promotion only for ScummVM and IHOM users.

I know that it's against the rules to advertise on the forum, but I hope that the mods here will realize how hard I worked to get this promotion and that it's not here to advertise, but to offer an amazing deal to all of you.

So, here's the deal. Gamesboro, my place of work, sells used console games old and newerish. We have thousands of games for NES, Master System, Genesis, Atari, Dreamcast, Turbografx, whatever, all the way to ps3, wii and 360. I know that this will greatly help members of the forum (who have been searching for those hard-to-find titles like Earthbound and Mega Man 5, and even Maniac Mansion for NES), something that they have done for me for a very long time.

Using the coupon code SCUMM25, you can get 25% off of any item in the online store until June 14th. http://shop.gamesboro.net

I worked very hard to get this, and the only reason I succeeded is by spending months getting the entire store inventory online by myself; so please, please, take advantage of it and try to keep it only within the adventure game communities.

Anything that you see in the store, whether it has a picture or not, is available. Though some games are in collector's condition and others don't have cases or manuals, all games have been tested and work. Shipping is $5 to anywhere in the world, regardless of how much or how little you buy (so try to get as much on one tab as possible instead of splitting it up).

I really hope that this helps people to be able to play the games from their childhood as much as the community here helped me to do just that. I also pray that the moderators see that this is not intended to advertise, but to help.

Sincerely,

Brent

P.S. if you can't find the game you're looking for in stock, join the store's forum, and post it under "Pre-book used games here"
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Do you ship outside thre US?
The site of your store is lacking that information, i'm afraid.
What would be the fee to central Europe?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Shame it's only to June 14th. (Did you know that before working "very hard to get this"?)
Something like 10-15% for 6 months would of been better,
I haven't looked yet to see if there's anything that interests me but if there is I doubt I'd have the money for it before June 14th.
hetecro

Post by hetecro »

Raziel wrote:Do you ship outside thre US?
The site of your store is lacking that information, i'm afraid.
What would be the fee to central Europe?
I'm sorry, it's still kind of beta, I'm afraid. The shipping is $5 on all orders anywhere in the world. We feel we can do this because sometimes shipping costs us $50 sometimes $.39, so we win some and we lose some.

@Red,

I do apologize, I really did the best I could on this. We already offer prices below the average for eBay, amazon, and gamestop for all games and accessories, plus shipping is only $5. If you look around, you'll find that most games are $5-$10. Plus you get %25 off with the coupon code.
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

It's a great initiative, major kudos for this. Too bad for me though that I'm developing a collector's complex, and can't really be picking up games unless I know they're complete with booklets and everything. Don't care about the condition, I just don't wanna be flat out missing any parts. Also, PAL is preferable.

btw, Suikoden IV on the site has Suikoden Tactics' cover on display.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Very cool, but I doubt I will take advantage of it. I can't think of any old game I want, that I already don't have.
hetecro

Post by hetecro »

Hey, just got in some good NES games, an Atari 7800, and Resident Evil 5 for PS3.