LOL support in official build ?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

In an effort to help you I think the first thing to establish is what version of ScummVM you're using.
I fired up my old Windows box and downloaded 1.2.0 svn 48686. I got the one at the bottom of the Downloads page.
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/
I got the first one underneath 'Additional snapshot builds:'
At the time of writing it says 'last update: April 17, 2010, 2:19 pm'

I copied every file and folder in the DATA folder on the LOL CD to a folder I named LOL on my hard drive. Then I pointed ScummVM to this LOL folder and it detected the game.
If you're using this method and your game isn't detected then it must be an unsupported version. Is your version the original release or is it something like part of a compilation?
Lomius

Post by Lomius »

Red_Breast wrote: I copied every file and folder in the DATA folder on the LOL CD to a folder I named LOL on my hard drive. Then I pointed ScummVM to this LOL folder and it detected the game.
If you're using this method and your game isn't detected then it must be an unsupported version. Is your version the original release or is it something like part of a compilation?
I was using the aforementioned build. But i just tried it with 1.2.0 48707 and it works perfect thank you all for the help. Now to try on my phone :P which is where I really want it.
Lomius

Sooo Works great on Tilt 2 BUT

Post by Lomius »

I cant map the WASD keys for walking. Which is ok. But I have fat fingers, yet have managed to play LoLCD for acouple hours now on tht Tilt 2.

Just thought I'd report the success So Far. Thanks guys.

I've heard this runs great on the HTC Leo which im buying soon too.

If ya have time lemme know how to get keymapping working. If not thanks for helping me get the game running.

LoLCD English

WinCE build 1.2.0SVN48707
Lomius

HD2

Post by Lomius »

Works Perfect on HD2
phanboy_iv

Post by phanboy_iv »

So 1.2.0 seems imminent. Any word on if this is going to be enabled in the 1.2.0 release? And if not, what remains to be done to get it to that point?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

phanboy_iv wrote:So 1.2.0 seems imminent. Any word on if this is going to be enabled in the 1.2.0 release? And if not, what remains to be done to get it to that point?
It's not. I'm not 100% sure, but I think work still needs to be done on the floppy version. The CD version seems to run perfectly though.
raina

Re: Sooo Works great on Tilt 2 BUT

Post by raina »

Lomius wrote:I cant map the WASD keys for walking.
I would really like to see this implemented, Q and E being at least as important as WASD. :) I brought this up in IRC a year+ ago and asked if a more formal feature request was necessary. I was told no because it would be a quick fix. Is this reminder enough or is a more formal feature request necessary?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

raina wrote:
Lomius wrote:I cant map the WASD keys for walking.
I would really like to see this implemented, Q and E being at least as important as WASD. :) I brought this up in IRC a year+ ago and asked if a more formal feature request was necessary. I was told no because it would be a quick fix. Is this reminder enough or is a more formal feature request necessary?
It can't hurt to add it to the feature request tracker.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418823
raina

Post by raina »

ezekiel000 wrote:It can't hurt to add it to the feature request tracker.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418823
Yes, done and done. Thanks for making it that much easier with the link. :)
shurlogg

Post by shurlogg »

I have just finished a full playthrough (including most sidequests) of an unpatched LOL floppy disk version using current ScummVM SVN for Win32 under Windows Vista. I just encountered two issues, which I added to the tracker and were promptly fixed by athrxx (by the way, if you're reading this - thanks a lot).

Now I know that there are lots of other platforms, configurations and game versions to be taken into account, but to me the engine looked mature enough to be at least considered for the ScummVM 1.3.0 final. I promise to help playtesting again when the RC is out, too. ;)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

shurlogg wrote:I have just finished a full playthrough (including most sidequests) of an unpatched LOL floppy disk version using current ScummVM SVN for Win32 under Windows Vista. I just encountered two issues, which I added to the tracker and were promptly fixed by athrxx (by the way, if you're reading this - thanks a lot).

Now I know that there are lots of other platforms, configurations and game versions to be taken into account, but to me the engine looked mature enough to be at least considered for the ScummVM 1.3.0 final. I promise to help playtesting again when the RC is out, too. ;)
The engine will be enabled when some other internal stuff is sorted (or to be precise an official testing will be announced), the main problem here is that I did not find enough time to do that yet. So the good old "when it's done".
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Anyones knows how to actually USE potions and other healing stuff???

And there is an error (I know, no testing season yet): When starting the english version you are able to switch back to german text. After restarting the game it crashes complaining about not finding some files in directory named GER. Of course there is none because I'm playing the english CD version...
shurlogg

Post by shurlogg »

Sordid wrote:Anyones knows how to actually USE potions and other healing stuff???
Left-click on the item, then right click on the portrait of the character that should use the item.

By the way, things like that are not ScummVM-specific and are explained in the game manual...
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Sordid wrote:Anyones knows how to actually USE potions and other healing stuff???

And there is an error (I know, no testing season yet): When starting the english version you are able to switch back to german text. After restarting the game it crashes complaining about not finding some files in directory named GER. Of course there is none because I'm playing the english CD version...
All CD versions should be multi language, i.e. contain ENG, GER and FRE dirs. So either you have forgotton to copy some files or some unknown version.

What version is that exactly and where did you get it?
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

shurlogg wrote:By the way, things like that are not ScummVM-specific and are explained in the game manual...
Bought it on ebay some time ago without the manual... But thanks for the info!
LordHoto wrote:All CD versions should be multi language, i.e. contain ENG, GER and FRE dirs. So either you have forgotton to copy some files or some unknown version.

What version is that exactly and where did you get it?
Hm, that's strange. I guess I'll check the disc once I found it (copied it to my scumm games folder a year ago). But it's possible to switch to german language (german text with english voices) without the GER folder...