There were also death scenes in LucasArts games. And the death scenes in Broken Sword were never as frustrating as they were at Sierra's games. Indeed, there were just a couple of them:m_kiewitz wrote:They were removed on Wii as well.Nikioko wrote:It seems that the dying scenes have been removed.
Anyway I prefer that version a lot. The death scenes didnt really fit. It was like 95% lucasarts-like (no death) and 5% sierra-like (instant deathtraps). I don't think that they were actually censored, but were removed to make gameplay more accessible.
- walking out of the Ubu with the manuscript
- disturbing the meeting of the Templar in Montfaucon
- at nighttime in the Crune museum
- being shot by Khan on Bull's Head
- being hit by the lion's head in the well
- gripping on the contact line of the train
- doing the wrong thing in the post waggon
- doing the wrong thing at the end when being confronted with Guido
And in same of the cases the removal is a pity since your action or your dialogue choice has no effect on the game anymore. If I lie to Khan in Syria, George will automatically say the truth afterwards. I have the feeling, I lost some control.
And on the other hand, there are puzzles that have been removed, e. g. gting the towel in Ireland, and getting past the goat is a lot easier now.