ScummVM game creator?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

polkapolka

ScummVM game creator?

Post by polkapolka »

Hi!

I've been playing lots of scummVM games, and I was wondering if there was any game creator for scummVM-like games.

I used to work a lot with RPG maker and it's program tools, as i'm not really familiar with programming lenguages.

So. Is there any easy-learning programe to make scummvm like games? (besides sdl with python scripting, which is way too complicated for me!!!)

Thx!
JonWW

Post by JonWW »

Well ScummVM is able to execute code from multiple game engines. I know that you can create games for the AGI engine with a program called AGI Studio. I would believe that you can run games created from SCI Companion with the SCI engine that is still in development. I'm not aware of game creation software for other engines that ScummVM runs.
seubz

Post by seubz »

AGS is probably what you are looking for if you don't care about the games being run with ScummVM or not. It has a big community and can create games which can be run under Windows and Linux (I don't know about MacOSX).

I'm also developing ScummGEN which can create SCUMM games (I'm actually working on a game using it). It is still pretty rough and has no user interface at all, so unless you absolutely want to create SCUMM games run by ScummVM, I don't recommend using it yet :)
beatlefreak9

Post by beatlefreak9 »

ScummC was released a while ago and someone rewrote OpenQuest for use with it.
http://alban.dotsec.net/7.html
AFAIK it's pretty rough, as well, and it hasn't been updated in a while.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Note also that the ScummVM team does not actively support fan made games. Fan made content may work in one version of ScummVM but break in future versions of ScummVM.
polkapolka

Post by polkapolka »

Yes i know fingolfin, that's why i was asking for some "scumm-alike" game creator. Basically, a programm to make a point-and-click adventure.
I'm trying ags now! Thx!
Davie Jones

Post by Davie Jones »

@seubz
seubz wrote:I'm also developing ScummGEN which can create SCUMM games (I'm actually working on a game using it). It is still pretty rough and has no user interface at all, so unless you absolutely want to create SCUMM games run by ScummVM, I don't recommend using it yet :)
hallo seubz! just wonder if you are still working on scummgen or with scummgen. i saw a recent update at the project page but nearly nothing happed since 1/2010 - does this mean that scummgen is -somehow- ready to use?

i checked out the repository but received no makefile. because i am not in to deep into creating makefiles maybe someone could give me a hint on how to compile the code ...

thank you in advance!