Tex Murphy 1 & 2 free until 24 December (GOG.com)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

WNivek

Tex Murphy 1 & 2 free until 24 December (GOG.com)

Post by WNivek »

As a holiday gift to its users, Good Old Games is giving away the first two Tex Murphy games - Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum - for free until the 24th of December.

They may not be compatible with ScummVM, but they're certainly adventure games, and who doesn't like free games?

edit: If you've already bought those games from GOG.com, an alternative gift is available.
Last edited by WNivek on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

WOW! Awesome. Downloading them now. :)

An enormous thanks for the info. You're the man! I always wanted to play these. :)
Red_Breast

Re: Tex Murphy 1 & 2 free until 24 December (GOG.com)

Post by Red_Breast »

WNivek wrote:As a holiday gift to its users, Good Old Games is giving away the first two Tex Murphy games - Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum - for free until the 24th of December.

They may not be compatible with ScummVM, but they're certainly adventure games, and who doesn't like free games?
If you haven't tried Mean Streets now's your chance. It's worth it for the hover-car alone. :wink:
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Shame that I already purchased these a while back (during a discount offer they had on the series, to be precise)!

Now if they made Pandora Directive and Overseer free also then I'd be on their backs before you can say "want a free piggyback ride?". :mrgreen:
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Thanks for the heads-up. I've never played any of these. I sure love free stuff and I probably would have missed this otherwise.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

marzipan wrote:Shame that I already purchased these a while back (during a discount offer they had on the series, to be precise)!
If you've already bought them you can register on the site and they will send you some other gift instead. No idea what it will be yet but I'm not about to turn down anything free.
raina

Post by raina »

Pix2 wrote: If you've already bought them you can register on the site and they will send you some other gift instead. No idea what it will be yet but I'm not about to turn down anything free.
Actually it would make more sense that if you registered and bought the games earlier from GOG.com, you'd be able to pick another game (of the same normal price) for free.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

GOG.com wrote:If you have bought the Tex Murphy 1+2 bundle before our giveaway, don't worry - we have an alternative offer for you. Register here and we'll contact you about details.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

If I may suggest a search on gog.com... :idea:
This may help you find some software to buy if you're broke! :)
raina

Post by raina »

WNivek wrote:
GOG.com wrote:If you have bought the Tex Murphy 1+2 bundle before our giveaway, don't worry - we have an alternative offer for you. Register here and we'll contact you about details.
Ah, so the registering didn't mean registering an account on the site.