FOTAQ-Talkie-1.1.zip vs FOTAQ-Talkie.zip ??

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Axel

FOTAQ-Talkie-1.1.zip vs FOTAQ-Talkie.zip ??

Post by Axel »

Hello,

When Flight of the Amazon Queen was released as Freeware and added to download section, the file FOTAQ-Talkie.zip was uploaded for distribution. This contained the MP3 compressed version of the game for using with ScummVM.

However, around february this year, I redownloaded the game, same MP3 compressed version, from this site and I noticed that the file was instead named FOTAQ-Talkie-1.1.zip. I also realized that the file size was slightly smaller and that the modification date for both the readme and the data file were for 2008. Even the readme had the copyright dates changed to 2008.

Some days ago I downloaded the game again and I noticed that it was not 1.1 anymore, the downloadable file was reverted back to the previous one, with older modification dates and bigger file size.

May I ask if there is any difference between these two versions, and why you guys reverted the download link to the previous version again? Is there any improvement in version 1.1 or did you guys find an issue with it so it is better not to use it?

Thanks for your answers, best regards!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hello

There was a news posting concerning this:
http://www.scummvm.org/news/20080914/

To quote:
Apart from some minor typographical changes to the license to keep the legal beagles happy, the only difference compared to the old version is that it has been compressed using the latest version of the ScummVM tools. This should fix problems with clicks at the beginning of some speech, and speech being played a bit too slow. (ScummVM 0.12.0 already has a workaround for the latter problem, so you may not even notice the difference.)
Axel

Post by Axel »

md5, first of all many thanks for taking the time to answer my concern :)

So as I am understanding, it is recommended to run v1.1 (recompressed with latest tools in 2008) over the old version.

Then for some strange reason your link in the downloads page is pointing back to the old version. Maybe it was reverted by mistake during an update on the web page, but it would be really nice if the people in charge of mantaining the site could change the link to point again to the newer 1.1 version.

Many thanks and have a great day,
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

I did fix the link for the FOTAQ Talkie version now. Thanks for reporting.
Axel

Post by Axel »

No, thank you both! :)

@LordHoto
Whenever you have some time you could also update the file size displayed since 1.1 is a bit smaller.

It says 34.8 MB and newer file is only 32.2 MB

Have a great day!