The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zorbid

Post by zorbid »

clone2727 wrote:
zorbid wrote:So: Zak V2 DOS in English is completable in v1.1.0svn42826 on Mac OS X 10.5.7. I guess I'll have to retest it with a proper build...
There haven't been any changes in the trunk that would have affected Zak V2, so it should be fine.
Cool. That said, the SVN download links still point to the latest trunk...

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have an x86 processor...
Scarlatti

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Post by Scarlatti »

Completed the freeware CD Version (unmodified original) from the downloads page, with the July 27, 2009 build on a Windows XP SP2 machine. No issues.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Game: Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC CD)
Tested OS: Linux (Kubuntu 9.4) 64 bit
Tested ScummVM version: Jul 28 2009 SVN (my own compile)

Game completed, one minor flaw found and reported here.
Paolo86

Touchè :Adventures of the 5th Musketeer

Post by Paolo86 »

I've just completed Touchè: The Adventures of the 5th Musketeer (Dos/English , with speech) with Scummvm 1.0.0pre042912 (Jul 30 2009) on Win Xp SP3 (32-bit). No issues or bugs found.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

bobdevis wrote:Game: Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC CD)
Tested OS: Linux (Kubuntu 9.4) 64 bit
Tested ScummVM version: Jul 28 2009 SVN (my own compile
Which language is that? And you did compile from branch-1-0-0, right?
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

LordHoto wrote: Which language is that? And you did compile from branch-1-0-0, right?
Ooops, excuse me. I ment
Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC CD English)

The SVN I used is this one:
http://helllabs.org/scummvm/scummvm-20090727.tar.bz2 (1.1.0.svn Jul 28 2009 01:56:15)
The only thing I messed with are the configure options. I enabled all engines and enabled mpeg2.
(I know, you are deprecating mpeg2 but I didn't know that at the time and thought it was disabled by accident)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Hm that's a build of trunk, not the branch which will become 1.0.0. For testing your builds should always be made from branch-1-0-0, you can find a snapshot of that over here: http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... z?view=tar

Anyway I guess since not too much was changed in trunk after branching it should be fine this time, but for future tests we will only accept builds done from the branch directory.
Last edited by LordHoto on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Aha. I see.
I was used to just mindlessly take the latest that is posted here: http://helllabs.org/scummvm/

Edit: You list the game version as PC CD here. I thought I'd go with constancy to that list.

Edit2: Hehe, and then you withdrew your edit and orphaned my comment about the Datafiles list :)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Actually I just tried the same thing in my DOS CD version and it's also black there, so the bug report was no real point for the Win version. :-)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Just finished Ween: The Prophecy (Dos/English) on the August 1st 1.0.0 SVN on Windows XP. There are various animation glitches and one avoidable crash bug that I will post in a bit.

Edit: Posted two bugs for Ween... #2830985 and #2830988
Last edited by KuroShiro on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truus999

Putt-Putt

Post by Truus999 »

Finished both games without any problems.

Goes to the moon DOS/English
Joins the parade DOS/English

with scummVM 1.0.0pre042967 on Win XP with SP3

Cheers,
René
sirskunkalot

Post by sirskunkalot »

Just finished Discworld II (CD/DOS/GERMAN) under winxp sp3 with v1.0.0pre042957. The game itself went well, I just noted one little bug(? maybe this happens also in the original game, I didnt check it):

When you try to mute the volume of the music inside the game (within the options), it will not always mute. Sometimes the volume of the music is just very low but hearable. One has to slide the slider a little to the right and back. Eventually the sound is muted then. Seems a little random to me. (Bug-ID 2830935)
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

I've completed The 7th Guest. The only puzzle I skipped was the microscope puzzle (which I've never been able to win in my life). The game works great. I've reported two bugs: a small (but very frustrating, as it tends to kick in at crucial times) music bug, and a minor bug that only occurs when loading a save directly from the ScummVM launcher.

I also found two major bugs: the acting is horrendous and the plot doesn't make much sense. However, I didn't bother reporting them, since they also occur with the original interpreter.

(And, in a way, they're part of the game's charm.)

Anyway, it's great that this game is supported, and I hope that Clandestiny will be as well at some point in the future (I've never cared much for The 11th Hour).

Game version: The 7th Guest, DOS, English
ScummVM version: 1.0.0pre042960, Intel Mac, Mac OS X 10.5
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I checked it out and yeah. the microscope puzzle AI has been beefed up it seems :)
I am quite sure it is much stronger now then in the original or then when T7G was introduced in ScummVM.
I always had it in like 1 or 2 games but now I struggle to loose with dignity.
Anyone here that can beat it with ease? Strategies?
ScottT
ScummVM Developer

Post by ScottT »

Kurufinwe wrote:I've completed The 7th Guest. The only puzzle I skipped was the microscope puzzle (which I've never been able to win in my life). The game works great. I've reported two bugs
The savegame names should be fixed now. I'm yet to look at the music issue but doubt it will be quite so easy.
bobdevis wrote:I checked it out and yeah. the microscope puzzle AI has been beefed up it seems :)
I am quite sure it is much stronger now then in the original or then when T7G was introduced in ScummVM.
The AI from the original game was implemented by Sev recently, which would explain increase in difficulty :wink: