The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Legend of Kyrandia

Post by LordHoto »

hydr0x wrote:Game: The Legend of Kyrandia (CD/DOS/GERMAN)
Build: 1.0.0svn42498
Thanks, I will add it to our testing results page.
hydr0x wrote:1) Not reproducable, when I loaded a savegame right at the beginning (bridge in cave section), the character sprites disappeared. I could still move Brandon, but he wasn't visible
That sounds interesting. Did you use the same savegame when trying to reproduce the glitch?
hydr0x wrote: 2) Reproducable. When loading a game while holding an item (and thus not having the standard cursor) it will still show the item (the different cursor) afterwards, even if you don't actually own that item in that savegame. It only goes away if you click on something that changes the cursor. Please note that this is purely visual, it neither gives you the item nor does it influence anything else, nor you can use the "virtual" item. It works as a standard cursor, but doesn't show it ;)
That seems to happen with Beneath as Steel Sky too, when loading via the GMM. I guess this is a more general problem.
Maybe you can file a bug report about it? (It's fine if you only mention your Kyra problem)
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

LordHoto wrote:That sounds interesting. Did you use the same savegame when trying to reproduce the glitch?
Pretty sure, yeah.
That seems to happen with Beneath as Steel Sky too, when loading via the GMM. I guess this is a more general problem.
Maybe you can file a bug report about it? (It's fine if you only mention your Kyra problem)
Don't want to create an account just for this, sorry. I'm also not 100% sure if it happened in the original game or not.
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

Build: 1.0.0svn42498

I'm playing through Kyrandia 2 (English CD) right now and have already had two crashes when trying to load a savegame (over the CTRL+F5 option). No kind of log for the first crash (which exited to Windows), Vista crash report for the second (which froze) is:

Code: Select all

Beschreibung:
  Aufgrund eines Problems kann dieses Programm nicht mehr mit Windows kommunizieren.

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:	AppHangB1
  Anwendungsname:	scummvm.exe
  Anwendungsversion:	1.0.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:	4a5d62c7
  Absturzsignatur:	856b
  Absturztyp:	16897
  Betriebsystemversion:	6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:	1031
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 1:	0d534245cb2013a6a9ed3e3be30f6622
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 2:	9986
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 3:	27db0b5139f149649201f76d9cba3c4f
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 4:	856b
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 5:	0d534245cb2013a6a9ed3e3be30f6622
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 6:	9986
  Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 7:	27db0b5139f149649201f76d9cba3c4f

EDIT: just noticed a graphical bug which I can't reproduce

In that cave with the big skull where you have to "press" the tooths in the right order. After I clicked the red one its glow disappeared but left a red rectangle around the tooth. Similarly for the blue one, it left "sparks" on the tooth. As I said, can't reproduce :(
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

hydr0x wrote:Don't want to create an account just for this, sorry. I'm also not 100% sure if it happened in the original game or not.
Well no, it doesn't even happen, when you use the KYRA menu. Just click on the options button on bottom left for that.
hydr0x wrote:I'm playing through Kyrandia 2 (English CD) right now and have already had two crashes when trying to load a savegame (over the CTRL+F5 option). No kind of log for the first crash (which exited to Windows).
Is that reproducable? Also did you try it via the KYRA internal menu? Or at least do you still remember in which scenes / for which saves it happened? And in the best case are you able to provide a save for that?

On a side note, it would be nice if you could provide that KYRA1 save too.

I can't make out any useful information of that Vista report though.
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

Another small bug:

In the city on the screen with the fish shaped building where you find the first new page for your recipe book there are four items at the bottom. One of them is the page. I picked it up first and got "a new page for my....". I put the page in my book and then picked up the orange peel and it again said "a new page for my....".

About those saves. I cannot recall the first crash I'm afraid. The second one happened in that cave with the skull, right after the bug with the tooths. I can likely provide a savegame of that. I'm not sure about when exactly the bug in kyra1 happened so I don't have a savegame :/
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

hydr0x wrote:In the city on the screen with the fish shaped building where you find the first new page for your recipe book there are four items at the bottom. One of them is the page. I picked it up first and got "a new page for my....". I put the page in my book and then picked up the orange peel and it again said "a new page for my....".
I fixed that, thanks for reporting. You should probably grab a newer build (at least r42543) and then continue the game. The bug should affect all items you try to pick up.
hydr0x wrote:About those saves. I cannot recall the first crash I'm afraid. The second one happened in that cave with the skull, right after the bug with the tooths. I can likely provide a savegame of that. I'm not sure about when exactly the bug in kyra1 happened so I don't have a savegame :/
Does that mean for kyra2, you at least still have the saves, which caused the crashes?
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

I still have the saves yeah, but I only remember which one caused the second crash. I don't think it is actually related to the saves themselves though, it seemed rather random. Loading the same save again did not reproduce the crash too.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Would be still nice to have them for further debugging. So if you have no problems with it you can just send them to my email.
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

Do you only want the one which I know caused problems or all my savegames (~ two dozen per game)?
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

I letely had a problem at Indy 4 talkie version team path. When I argue with Sophia about her climbing through the hole in the labyrinth, and I go back, climb up the chain and finally get the golden box, I finally find her in the Sternhart room. When I then talk to her, she eventually climbs on my shoulders as if t was in the other room and the game crashes. Ich had that only and I don't know whether this is reconstructable.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

hydr0x wrote:Do you only want the one which I know caused problems or all my savegames (~ two dozen per game)?
The one causing problems should be fine.
neosmagus

Discworld 1 completable

Post by neosmagus »

Yay! Just finished Discworld 1 (Talkie) with ScummVM 1.0.0svn42472 (Jul 14 2009 21:07:29)
Windows XP SP3

I had one crash in the last act when I used the dynamite on Mambo 16 while at the Dragon Sanctuary. ScummVM showed the cutscene and then exited to desktop. I couldn't replicate it the following time around. The main difference between then and finishing it now was that last night I played for several hours and forgot to save. (Had to redo all of Act 3 today) It might have been linked to a long playing session.
darthjdg

Simon The Sorcerer completable

Post by darthjdg »

Hi All! I have just finished it, no problems at all, plays perfectly, load/save works as well. It is the full talkie, voice only version.

Game: Simon The Sorcerer (CD/Windows/English)
ID: simon1-win
Build: ScummVM 1.0.0svn42560 (Jul 17 2009 19:58:27)
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit (English)

Thanks to all devs for the great product, has been using it for years!
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Just completed Discworld 2: Missing Presumed ...!? (CD/DOS/ENGLISH (US)) on the July 16th 1.0.0 SVN, on Windows XP.

Impressively, I noticed no real glitches (though I wasn't trying THAT hard to find them), good job! I might play through again in a bit looking for errors a bit more actively.
maximus

Post by maximus »

Testing Full Throttle (Version B/English) using 1.0.0svn42590 on Ubuntu 9.04 (x86).

Found a palette glitch. Steps to reproduce:

1. Follow Maureen to the Mink Farm (trucker takes you, steals your fuel hose)
2. Maureen takes off out of the barn on her bike
3. Follow her, she gets away, Cavefish blow up the bridge
4. Go to the truck, unscrew the wheels, kick it over
5. Return to mink farm
6. Go to bridge

At the bridge, the next time you get on the highway, the palette is messed up. Here's a screencast of the glitch, and a link to a save file.