Indiana jones fate in atlantis STUCK

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hotsauce

Indiana jones fate in atlantis STUCK

Post by hotsauce »

i am in the greater colony and i try to align de disk to open the door
it says in the book : At the greater colony a Moonstone was also needed, with darkest night healed by the full moon. so i align the Full Moon with the Darkness right?? well it wont work ! i tried various other alignement and still nothing. Is my game bugged?
Whaleyland

Post by Whaleyland »

Very strange, but I ended up giving up on my Atlantis game about 6 months ago because of a similar issue. I retried the game from the 3-way split, following another path, but the same problem occurred. I thought it may have just been a problem with my save game, but with this second case of the problem, perhaps it is not. I align the stones correctly, and nothing happens at all. Two different paths, same problem.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Usually it works fine for me, but I remember that the last time I played the game (a few months ago) I had a similar problem. I ended up finding the correct alignment by trials and errors. In my case to open the door to the greater colony the two disks had to be aligned as described in Plato's book except that they were no aligned with the horns (the two disks were rotated by 90 degrees compared to what should have worked).

I tried again with my saved game today and this time it worked as expected.
Whaleyland

Post by Whaleyland »

That was the strange thing about my problem. I tried absolutely every combination that could have the right alignment, and they all didn't work. I probably spent a good 30 minutes the first time just trying to get it to work. I even resorted to online walkthroughs just in case I had misread the Journal. Sigh...maybe it will work now that months have elapsed. It's not like I haven't beaten it five times before, but I still like playing it now and then and if my version is broken, I will be ticked.
Hackmodford

Post by Hackmodford »

I know this might be bringing an old post to the top but...

I was serching this on the internet with the same problem when it hit me!

You have to align the sunstone like you did on the first door.
And then align the moonstone to the sunstone (not the horns)

Hope that helps...
ricksauer

Post by ricksauer »

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/indy4/1.php

Not an acutal walkthrough, but a little bit of a nudge in the right direction.
Dishy

Post by Dishy »

Just completed this: 90* to the right of the horns worked for me.
VegaBjorn

Post by VegaBjorn »

Im having the same kinda problem... I think...

Im doing the WITS path...

Im setting the stone and moon disk the same way I've done before. And the world disk gets me confused.

Before I say anything more, I somehow managed to open one of the stone doors. But there is nothing inside it. Just another doorway and then the path ends there. So that leads me to believe that I didn't open the correct door.

The book tells me:
"To approach Atlantis itself a Worldstone was required as well, with the the dying orbs plummeting into the eastern sea."

I don't know how to interpret that. One walkthrough said it means: Align the east sea with the setting sun. So I did that...didn't work.

Then I tried turing it all 180degrees...(upside down).. I also tried 90 degrees without success.

Any ideas about this?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

VegaBjorn wrote: Before I say anything more, I somehow managed to open one of the stone doors. But there is nothing inside it. Just another doorway and then the path ends there. So that leads me to believe that I didn't open the correct door.
I haven't played the game in a long time, but I don't remember any single location where the stones could open more than one door. I'm not sure exactly where in the game you are, though. If you need all three discs, I would guess this place:
wits-1.png
wits-1.png (48.46 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
Your description of what's beyond the door makes it sound more like this though. However, I only needed - and only had - two stones at that point in the game.
wits-2.png
wits-2.png (33.81 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
VegaBjorn

Post by VegaBjorn »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
VegaBjorn wrote: Before I say anything more, I somehow managed to open one of the stone doors. But there is nothing inside it. Just another doorway and then the path ends there. So that leads me to believe that I didn't open the correct door.
I haven't played the game in a long time, but I don't remember any single location where the stones could open more than one door. I'm not sure exactly where in the game you are, though. If you need all three discs, I would guess this place:

Your description of what's beyond the door makes it sound more like this though. However, I only needed - and only had - two stones at that point in the game.

Thanks. I realized that I was reading advice on how to place the disks from a place that was further ahead in the game than I currently was. I was in the room with the miniature scale of atlantis. And the door I opened was actually the correct door. SPOILER WARNING: *****But there was a secret door in there that I had no idea about. And that door could only be found by using the comb charged with static electricity.****** So I thought I had opened the wrong door.

but now I have solved it =)
LaszloJamf

Post by LaszloJamf »

I had the same issue, and like some other people, I had to align my stones 90 degrees off, except I had to align mine 90 degrees counter clockwise, not clockwise. I forget the exact wording in my Dialogues, but I had to align the darkness with the waxing moon with the volcano. When I aligned them 90 degrees counterclockwise to the horns, it worked.
Pixman

Post by Pixman »

I have currently this weird problem on the Android version of ScummVM (1.7.0a)

I'm doing the wits path.

Everything worked so far.

In my book, it says:
"At many outposts, a Sunstone sufficed, if darkness concealed
the tall horns."

"At the greater colony a Moonstone was also needed, with the sun
dying as a new moon is born."

"To approach Atlantis itself a Worldstone was required as well,
with darkest night soon to rule the western sea."

I also used a guide already which confirmed my ideas about it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/562678-india ... faqs/25282

I turned the darkness (Sundisk) to the horns. (so darkness up)
then I aligned the moondisk (waxing moon) to the setting sun, so waxing moon pointing to the left to the setting sun.

Then I turned the world disk (western sea) pointing to the top, to the darkness (sunstone).

Then I press the button.
nothing happens.

Not even when I try it 90° CCW or CW.

I also tried 'the contrary minds' thing (turn everything 180 degrees), but afair this is for the entry to Atlantis. No success.

I'd be really glad for any help :(

Might this be a bug?
Anybody epxerienced the same problem?
Am I doing something wrong? I can't believe it. I solved this game dozens of times, but always in the team mode.

I also added a photo of it for further examination:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Pixman wrote:the sun dying as a new moon is born
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see the new moon lined up with sunset.
Pixman

Post by Pixman »

Oh my good, I mistook the waxing moon as a new moon.

My fault.

It works now. Damn, thanks for your little hint. :)
I already thought:"This can't be a bug in ScummVM, other people would have complained before!" :shock:

Very happy! Thanks :)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

This section never made sense to me. Why does it have to be 90* off?