Scummvm.org Has a Facelift Thanks to New Webmaster

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Scummvm.org Has a Facelift Thanks to New Webmaster

Post by sev »

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but now ScummVM's website runs new flashy code. Frederik Wendel aka [vEX] has been working on it for several months now, and under the hood it is a complete rewrite with keeping the old design intact... Well, almost.

Now browsing screenshots has a new sleek design, navigation links are more logical (with keeping the backwards compatibility, so don't worry about your old links), SCUMM MD5 tables have better design, and the FAQ lost its magic numbers in the links.

Also we are proud to announce that Frederik has been appointed official webmaster for the project, so now you can put all your complaints into his capable hands. :P
Last edited by sev on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Well, I noticed the fact that I cant reach the home page of ScummVM anymore. :( (I'm using the latest version of Firefox if thats relevant)

EDIT: Ok, It works in Internet Explorer. I hope others don't have this problem. I like the new picture gallery.

EDIT 2: Now the SVN builds aren't dated. :?
raina

Post by raina »

Works on Firefox 3.0.10/Windows here, but there's 1 screenshot broken between Pajama Sam 1 & 2 shots.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I have the same version as you then. :? I get the error "Smarty compile dir (include/smarty/template_c) isn't writeable!"

EDIT: A quick google search for the error came up with something similar, but with "templates_c" instead of "template_c" could this be something to do with a typo in the code?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Guys, apparently that comes from some caching proxy. Use Ctrl+F5.

Eugene
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

sev wrote:Guys, apparently that comes from some caching proxy. Use Ctrl+F5.

Eugene
Thanks! :D That fixed it.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Graxer wrote:EDIT 2: Now the SVN builds aren't dated. :?
raina wrote:Works on Firefox 3.0.10/Windows here, but there's 1 screenshot broken between Pajama Sam 1 & 2 shots.
Both are now fixed, thanks for reporting!

Hopefully there should be no more bugs, and if there are, hopefully they are fixed before anyone notices. :-)
marticus

Post by marticus »

Hmm screenshots don't work for me now, when I click on one it just greys out the page and has a white rectangle in the middle of the screen. (using Opera + proxomitron on winXP)

Edit: On the front page anyway, it seems to work (albeit with a delay) on the screenshots page.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

marticus wrote:Hmm screenshots don't work for me now, when I click on one it just greys out the page and has a white rectangle in the middle of the screen. (using Opera + proxomitron on winXP)

Edit: On the front page anyway, it seems to work (albeit with a delay) on the screenshots page.
Well, they work perfectly fine in just regular Opera. There was two bugs related to that javascript in Opera though which have been fixed (wrong starting image, not updating preview on closure). The delay you see is probably Opera downloading the image.

See if the proxomitron application is happier now when those are fixed, otherwise I'm not sure. It works just fine in Opera 9.64 under both Windows XP and Linux for me.
nabla

Post by nabla »

Thank you for your work! I had a small problem with the former design: everytime I wanted to see a screenshot larger and clicked on the symbol, another picture appeared. Now, this works. Great!