What a find, Lucasarts Classic Adventures Compilation

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EugeneE

What a find, Lucasarts Classic Adventures Compilation

Post by EugeneE »

Last Saturday,

I found The Lucasarts Classic Adventures Compilation which contains Secret Of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, Loom, Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken at a church sale in Fogelsville, PA for $.50.

I bought it because I've been wanting to get those games for years and this compilation goes for almost $100 on EBAY.

The collection is in mint condition, the 3.5 floppy discs still work and the manual/hint books are included also.

Heck, they even had Silent Service 2 (Dos version) for $.50 also. It's amazing what you can find at yard sales. A few weeks ago, I found Star Trek: 25th Anniversary at a yard sale for $5.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Congratulations! I could only imagine what you felt when you saw the price tag. :D

Eugene
EugeneE

Post by EugeneE »

Yeah,

I almost fell over when I saw that, I grabbed the compilation immediately.

I checked the discs out on my USB 3.5 floppy disc drive but it couldn't read the disc, so I check out other discs too and the drive couldn't read any discs.

So, I went out to my local Staples store earlier today and bought a new 3.5 USB floppy drive which works so I was able to install the games. It turns out that my ex-girlfriend deliberate messed up my old floppy disc drive, I had a Dell drive but bought a new Teac floppy drive.