Game Demos required

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kirben

Game Demos required

Post by Kirben »

We are currently looking for complete demos (with all files, not just required data files), to add to our demos archive.

If you have one of these demos, could you please upload the demo online somewhere temporary (i.e. Speedy Share).

Any of the following game demos, which are known to exist:
Freddi Fish 3 German Windows demo
Pajama Sam 1 Windows Dutch alternative demo
Pajama Sam 2 Windows German demo
Spy Fox 1 Windows German demo

Any game demos that exist for these games:
Bargon Attack
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back
Elvira II - The Jaws of Cerberus
Fascination
Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
Rodney's Funscreen
The 7th Guest
The Manhole

Any other game demos, of supported games (i.e. many SCI games), currently not available on our game demos pages or in the list of unsupported demos below.

Unsupported demos, which we already have:
Beneath a Steel Sky (Amiga demo)
Beneath a Steel Sky (DOS Floppy demos)
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (DOS demo)
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within (Windows demo - non interactive)
Inherit the Earth (Amiga AGA German demo)
Inherit the Earth (Amiga ECS German demo)
Inherit the Earth (DOS demo - non interactive)
Kings Quest 6 (DOS demo - non interactive)
Kings Quest 7 (DOS/Windows demo - non interactive)
Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail! (DOS demo)
Lighthouse: The Dark Being (Windows demo)
Lighthouse: The Dark Being (Windows demo - non interactive)
Phantasmagoria (DOS/Windows demo)
Police Quest: SWAT (Windows demo)
Quest for Glory IV (DOS demo - non interactive)
RAMA (DOS/Windows demo - non interactive)
Shivers (Windows demo)
Shivers II: Harvest of Souls (Windows demo)
Space Quest 6 (DOS Demo)
Torin's Passage (DOS/Windows demo)
Last edited by Kirben on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:48 am, edited 27 times in total.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Game Demos required

Post by clone2727 »

Kirben wrote:The 7th Guest
It seems there was a demo available here through Virgin Interactive. (Link via here.)
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Hmmm interesting. You took the trouble to make the link embedded in text but you didn't check if the was dead or not :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

bobdevis wrote:Hmmm interesting. You took the trouble to make the link embedded in text but you didn't check if the was dead or not :)
I did. Not explicitly, but I thought it was obvious from what I said (with added bolding for emphasis):
clone2727 wrote:It seems there was a demo available here through Virgin Interactive. (Link via here.)
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Day of the Tentacle DOS German demo
http://quick.mixnmojo.com/demos/dottdemo-de.zip

Freddi Fish 3 French Windows demo
http://quick.mixnmojo.com/demos/mm3-demo-fr.zip (although extracting with 7z suggests that .he2 is notas it should be)
Last edited by Reckless on Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Reckless wrote:DOTT german demo - http://quick.mixnmojo.com/demos/dottdemo-de.zip
Only includes the required data files for ScummVM, and isn't complete demo.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Just checked all my kid's HE game CDs and whilst they have demos for different games they're only in English.
Truus999

Return to Zork demo

Post by Truus999 »

I don't know if this one is ok because the game is only playable in the svn version of scummVM but it can be found here: http://www.game-nostalgia.com/rtz/retur ... _demo.html
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Truus999 wrote:I don't know if this one is ok because the game is only playable in the svn version of scummVM but it can be found here: http://www.game-nostalgia.com/rtz/retur ... _demo.html
We have the (non-interactive) DOS demo of Return to Zork, but that game isn't supported yet. In particular the lip sync is currently broken in the demo version.
T.B. wrote:Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb (DOS demo - Non interactive)
We have the (non-interactive) DOS demo of Inherit the Earth, but that demo isn't currently supported.
T.B. wrote:Day of the Tentacle (DOS German demo - Non interactive)
Thanks, for the DOS German demo of Day of the Tentacle, I added it to the demos page.

I will update the original post, to clarify unsupported demos.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

I can't upload it straight away at this early time, and I know you didn't list it, but I do happen to have a copy of the *complete* Broken Sword II demo, complete with movie files (in comparison to the somewhat gutted version you already link to). I mentioned it before on here long ago, but my attempt at getting it over kinda got buried under Real Life and other issues.

I'll see if I can try again in getting it on here at some point.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

marzipan wrote:I can't upload it straight away at this early time, and I know you didn't list it, but I do happen to have a copy of the *complete* Broken Sword II demo, complete with movie files (in comparison to the somewhat gutted version you already link to). I mentioned it before on here long ago, but my attempt at getting it over kinda got buried under Real Life and other issues.
What is the exact difference, between the two demos of Broken Sword 2? the current demo includes the movies (demo.smk and enddemo.smk).
Truus999

Post by Truus999 »

First, thanks for the expanded demo section, this was a bit behind the times and is now a great source to see what kind of games scummVM supports!

(Again not sure of this should be in here or somewehere else, because it's about the svn v0.14 version)

I've downloaded both uncle Archibald demo's and the first is exactly what the desription says. The second one (Playtoon 1 - Uncle Archibald (DOS demo - Alternative Non-interactive) - Requires ScummVM 0.14.0svn) is a bit more. It's not only Playtoon 1 Uncle Archibald but a generic playtoons demo about 1 - Uncle Archibald, 2 - The case of the counterfeit collaborator and 3 - The secret of the castle

Cheers,
René

edit:typo
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Kirben wrote:
marzipan wrote:I can't upload it straight away at this early time, and I know you didn't list it, but I do happen to have a copy of the *complete* Broken Sword II demo, complete with movie files (in comparison to the somewhat gutted version you already link to). I mentioned it before on here long ago, but my attempt at getting it over kinda got buried under Real Life and other issues.
What is the exact difference, between the two demos of Broken Sword 2? the current demo includes the movies (demo.smk and enddemo.smk).
The bigger demo includes two more SMKs (the Virgin eye logo and the intro sequence), and also includes speech for all characters available in the demo, not to mention background music.