Game Demos required

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

legoking831

Post by legoking831 »

You probably should fix the Big Thinkers Kindergarten and Big Thinkers First Grade demo links -- they seem to have been swapped.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

SCUMM Mac demos

Post by criezy »

I noticed that the demos for the mac version of Full Throttle, The Dig and Sam & Max do not have the original executable included. The one for DOTT has only half of the executable (the data fork - the resource fork is missing).

I have made an archive for the demos of these four games exactly as I have them on CDs (i.e. with the original ReadMe, folder names which include a strange character at the end and a custom icon and most importantly the executable). Unzipping one of those on MacOS X gives back everything exactly as I have them on the CD. On Windows the resource fork for each file is in a separate __MACOSX directory.

[... Edit: removed links, the files are now on the demos website...]

I can replace directly the ones on the demos website by those if you want.
Last edited by criezy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirben

Re: SCUMM Mac demos

Post by Kirben »

Yes, please replace the older game demos, with your complete versions. We didn't get the complete files for these particular game demos in the past.
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Do you need the official Dreamweb demo?

I know I've got it on a 'PC Gamer' cover CD somewhere if you do, and I'd be happy to look it out if you want it.
einstein95

7th guest demo

Post by einstein95 »

I've got the previously mentioned 7th Guest demo if you want it.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Got some Mohawk/Living Books engine demos for you to look at! Looks like these may be very helpful in supporting these games. They are Rugrats Adventure Game and Rugrats Print Shop. These come from the CD release of the Rugrats Movie Soundtrack. (Yes really)

http://www.mediafire.com/?iy7y0ijieme8eor
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

GeorgeQGreg wrote:Got some Mohawk/Living Books engine demos for you to look at! Looks like these may be very helpful in supporting these games. They are Rugrats Adventure Game and Rugrats Print Shop. These come from the CD release of the Rugrats Movie Soundtrack. (Yes really)

http://www.mediafire.com/?iy7y0ijieme8eor
Excellent, thank you! I added detection of both of these and should appear in the next daily build (not that they're playable, though you can actually see the menu in print shop).

By chance, was there a Mac partition on that disc? Would be nice to have the Mac versions of the demo too :)
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

I don't know, lost the CD a long time ago. These files come from a backup copy of the data portion of the disc that I made forever ago. (Recently found the CD while going through some old discs.)
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Italian Humongous demo catalog, featuring demos of Putt-Putt Enters the Race, Freddi Fish 4, Pajama Sam 3, and Spy Fox 2, in Italian. Right now they don't work, but I suspect that all that would need to be done is binding them to an HE99 target. These files come from the Italian release of Freddi Fish 4. (Also not supported yet. And yes, they did put a demo of Freddi Fish 4 on Freddi Fish 4. I suspect whoever was running Infogrammes Italy was an idiot.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rdq9ydunwxtsal6
legoking831

Post by legoking831 »

You know about the preview for most of the European dubs of Humongous games? Yeah, there's actually a US version as well, and it's not on the site surprisingly enough. One guy was nice enough to upload it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/987 ... %20USA.zip
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

That's because it's extremely rare, I think. It's possible it's only on the Infogrammes US release of Freddi Fish 3, or at least I think that's what it's from.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

You can cross many off your list now! What is it about Humongous demos anyway...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m2cjg ... 9/DEMOS.7z

Well, this archive contains:

Freddi Fish 3 Hebrew Windows demo
Pajama Sam 2 Windows Hebrew demo
Putt-Putt Joins the Circus Windows Hebrew demo
Putt-Putt Travels Through Time Windows German demo

I'd just like to note that the Circus has some pretty freaking weird graphics, (errors?) some more obvious than others. And PJS2 was without the HE4 for whatever reason, so I added in a copy from the US demo.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

What seems to be nonsense Polish text and probably spam? (NO WAY I'll click that link!) I don't like. Nie podoba mi się.

Edit from moderator: this post refers to two posts that have now been removed.

Edit from GeorgeQGreg: Ahh. Glad to see they're gone.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Italian demo of Just Grandma and Me. Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are that this exists. http://home.cogeco.ca/~georgeqgreg/crap/grandma.7z

EDIT: And I just want to say that the demo doesn't even work right because one file is named wrong! JGMdemoend got the last two letters cut off due to the 8 char limit! Sheesh!
Justrob

Post by Justrob »

Does anyone have the dutch version of the Humongous Catalog demo, and the dutch version of the Pajama Sam 2 demo?