ridiculous video request...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mynabyrd

ridiculous video request...

Post by mynabyrd »

Hi all,

I'm new here, but have been loving SCUMMVM for a few months now. I played the Humongous Entertainment games as a younger kid (I'm only fifteen now) and recently started missing Pajama Sam and Freddi Fish.

I was ecstatic to find out about SCUMMVM, and now I can play Pajama Sam on my Mac, Debian machine and my PSP! It was so great digging them out of the closet and having the opportunity to revisit some of my favorite games.

They were every bit as fun and entertaining as I remembered them, too!

Anyway, I have a somewhat ridiculous video request-- can anyone capture the scene in No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside where the carrot from the Salad Liberation Front frees the veggies from the fridge?

I love the dancing furniture and singing kitchen. Classic!

Sorry if that's a lot to ask; recording onscreen video/audio on a Mac requires some expensive software that I can't afford.

Thanks so much!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

As I understand, distributing that will be violation of copyright. Unfortunately.

You may use one of numerous capture utilities to do it for yourself.

Eugene
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: ridiculous video request...

Post by criezy »

mynabyrd wrote:Sorry if that's a lot to ask; recording onscreen video/audio on a Mac requires some expensive software that I can't afford.
That depends what you mean by expensive. You can get some nice one for 20$ (e.g. iShowU). Also most of them have a demo version either limited in times or in functionalities. For example Snapz Pro X has a fully functional demo (no limitations) that you can use for 15 days.
comp1

Fair Use

Post by comp1 »

As a point of interest, what would be the length of time for a capture that would be considered fair use? Clearly the team believes that single image screen captures fall into that area. Would any length of video such as the OP requested be covered?
DCDayDreamer

Re: ridiculous video request...

Post by DCDayDreamer »

mynabyrd wrote:I have a somewhat ridiculous video request-- can anyone capture the scene in No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside where the carrot from the Salad Liberation Front frees the veggies from the fridge?
Is this the scene you are after?

Pajama Sam (YouTube vid)

It's got voice over from the players so don't expect much, it's actual gameplay capture and not ripped FMV so you could file it under 'fair use', the legalities of which would probably be debatable though.