ScummVM 0.13.0 "More Guests" enter(s) the house

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

ScummVM 0.13.0 "More Guests" enter(s) the house

Post by sev »

As we turned to a 6 months release cycle, here is our newest and best ScummVM version for you!

A couple of new engines were added, and besides 2 Humongous Entertainment titles, we now support The 7th Guest and Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.

Among other notable things there is a completely new vector-based GUI, which is a merged work of our last year GSoC student Vicent Marti, as well as a General Main Menu which adds a common save/load interface to most of our engines, adding the much awaited Return to Launcher feature along the way. It was the work of another successful student, Chris Page.

A complete list of new games and features can be found in the release notes, and the latest ScummVM version itself (available for a large number of platforms as usual) is located at the downloads page.

Let's play!
Last edited by sev on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Great news! Thanks to the team for what looks like another great release.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Big thank YOU to the ScummVM team:D
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work. I love the new load feature on the launcher by the way. :D

Just one question: what do you have to do to be taken back to the launcher once you've quit a game?
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

It keeps getting better and better!

Thanks!
sev wrote:Let's play!
You bet ;)
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks to all developers for the new release :o ! I love the new features, especially the load button.
RomanH

Post by RomanH »

Thanks for the new version!

The load feature is really nifty. Especially with the screenshot. Would be nice if there would be some kind of pre-view screenshots for the games as well.

RomanH
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

Good release! I'm glad these games are officially supported, specially The 7th Guest, which I really like.

One question, where do I find the "Return to Launcher" feature? It doesn't appear in the F5 menu.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

BeleG wrote:One question, where do I find the "Return to Launcher" feature? It doesn't appear in the F5 menu.
Ctrl+F5
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

Ok, thanks a lot.
Mirko

Post by Mirko »

Is there a Reason, why it is not in the regular F5 Menu?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mirko wrote:Is there a Reason, why it is not in the regular F5 Menu?
My guess would be that it's because not all engines support saving/loading from the Ctrl+F5 menu. I vaguely remember hearing that it was impossible for some engines. For others, it's probably possible but not entirely non-trivial. (For instance, I tried to add save/load support for Broken Sword 2 once, but loading games caused ScummVM to crash. I haven't made any further attempts since then.)
Truus999

Post by Truus999 »

And another thank you to the team for the new release!

Cheers,
René
Crimsonskies

Post by Crimsonskies »

Thanks for another great release! I'm always periodically checking to see what you guys are up to and you never disappoint. But I have a question about 0.13.0. In the description you said a couple new engines were added. Does that mean future support for a completely new series of games? If so, which games?
Tinhead Ned

Post by Tinhead Ned »

Very nice...but I can't find my 7th Guest CDs! ARGH