BASS 2 and Broken Sword 3 & 4 remade as 2D games :D !

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

BASS 2 and Broken Sword 3 & 4 remade as 2D games :D !

Post by pncFreak »

New Beneath a Steel Sky game 'probably going to happen'

Charles Cecil and Dave Gibbons are returning to the good old 2D roots of adventure gaming :D At last! Lets leave the bad 3D behind us and enjoy good story-lines and nice 2D graphics again!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Looks like your a glass is half full person.
I guess I'm a half empty. The way I read that was that it seemed most/all this stuff hinges on how the Director's Cuts sell.
I hope they sell well. I'll buy the Wii version. But I'm not sure they will sell "well".
I just get the impression that Revolution are done with their latest projects so everything is in the air. They have a lot of ideas. But need to get a general feel of what would be the best thing to do next.
I'd like to see the 3D games done in 2D. Stripped of all that stuff like jumping around a rock face after the plane crash at the start of BS3. I think the stories for both games are sound.
I'll cross my fingers that the DCs sell well. As it's my birthday next month maybe I can talk mum into buying it as a present and tell her the money goes to a good cause.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Red_Breast wrote:Looks like your a glass is half full person.
I guess I'm a half empty. The way I read that was that it seemed most/all this stuff hinges on how the Director's Cuts sell.
I wonder what I am, then. The part that stood out to me was where he calls the ScummVM people wonderful. :)
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

'fraid I've got a 'broken' glass... I'd love BS 3 & 4 in 2D but on my PC :)
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Reckless wrote:'fraid I've got a 'broken' glass... I'd love BS 3 & 4 in 2D but on my PC :)
Well since he is mentioning scummVM as a place where games get good exposure, you could cross your fingers and hope they will release a distribution sold with the scummVM users in mind? (Yup, the glass IS half full). Such a release would significantly increase the number of platforms, thus potential sales.
tikitang

Post by tikitang »

This is great news. I will most definitely support this possibility by buying a copy of the BS Director's Cut (and a Wii too, I suppose).
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

tikitang wrote:This is great news. I will most definitely support this possibility by buying a copy of the BS Director's Cut (and a Wii too, I suppose).
:D Eloquently put! Good for you!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Well we already had an announcement of Simon 3D being remade. That actually never happened...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Nikioko wrote:Well we already had an announcement of Simon 3D being remade. That actually never happened...
I thought that was just a fan project though, not something AdventureSoft themselves suggested.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

You speak the truth, eriktorbjørn.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

OK, that might raise chances quite a bit.
Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular »

I hope the BS3 remake means: NO MORE F***ING CRATE MOVING PUZZLEs!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Rex Nebular wrote:I hope the BS3 remake means: NO MORE F***ING CRATE MOVING PUZZLEs!
I have to disappoint you. Right now, Charles Cecil is searching for the source code of the original 1982 CGA version of Sokoban. :-D
doomer

Post by doomer »

Oh MY!

Thank you for this information!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

doomer wrote:Oh MY!

Thank you for this information!
OK, to be honest, I was lying.