Residual/Grime/GRIM FANDANGO

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

Grim Fandango works fine on XP.... but i see ppl are trying to run it on Macintosh. Ah well. good luck :)
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Post by aquadran »

CrisGer wrote:Grim Fandango works fine on XP.... but i see ppl are trying to run it on Macintosh. Ah well. good luck :)
Not quite, dosn't work on xp always, software rendering yes, but hardware acceleration on some cards not. With two my cards in past doesn't worked properly, also doesn't work properly in vmware fusion too.
Btw platforms, i would like to see running on any platform. That is point also scummvm and residual, people are not limited to windows xp.
soniq

Post by soniq »

CrisGer wrote:Grim Fandango works fine on XP.... but i see ppl are trying to run it on Macintosh. Ah well. good luck :)
i know that, but i'm running macos as my main os and i love scummvm not only for running all the old games without issues but also because it keeps all the games in one place.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Grim Fandango seems to work quite well for me when using Residual. I cant however switch to full screen without it crashing.

Also I thought it was possible to reach Rubacava, however for me Residual closes when I get to the land of the living. (Just after Manny says "Domino!" in the car.)
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Yeah it crashes there for me to, but then again the wiki has said it's possible to get to Rubacava for a while but it used to crash when I talked to Glotis for the first time.

Maybe you have to skip the video to get further, I can't be bother to test it now.
samuraii

Post by samuraii »

15. 16 in 7 months..

I've always loved the Scumm games. Although the first Point And Click game I remember playing (and loving) Is Broken Sword 2. I remember spending hours on that game..

I still play the Monkey Island games today, amazing stuff.

My friend in university is doing computer science. Maybe one day we could make a project, a point and click game based on the scumm engine with graphics like Monkey Island 3 and the story can be written by me.

Still, it's only a dream :).
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

samuraii wrote:... and the story can be written by me.

Still, it's only a dream :).
Hang in there sanuraii, the big loss from the glorious
era is the good-humoured , good-natured, sort of storyline with tounge-in-cheek liners from a well plotted game (that's why we adore those early Game Designers)
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Post by aquadran »

Finally Residual forum is ready :), so please start discussions related Residual on new place http://residual.scummvm.org/
pomonews

Post by pomonews »

Hi, i'm trying to play Grim Fandango on my Mac OS X and didn't get right yet...

- tried to download a crossover intel mac version and had to change the colors configuration to run, but it crashes after some minutes... (so looked for other ways, and find this forum)...

- I've downloaded the Grim Fandango version for Windows, with CD1, CD2 and a patch, and Grim X... When I set Grim X to my GRIMDATA folder it says that will work, but then i click play and nothing happens...

When i click in the files like "setup" in install folder, it opens a window like regedit (but I don't know what to do... on a mac).

- I've downloaded the Residual from the other forum, but it doesn't work on my mac (can't even open).

What should I do? I can't find a residualrc file. Should I use the cd folders separated or put the files together? Will I have to change any configuration on the colors?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Forum Rule #0.

Residual has it's own forum, and I can honestly tell you that neither there or on this forum will you receive any help whatsoever on running pirated games.

Buy the game.

And start reading forum rules.