Will "Staff of Kings" unlockable be using ScummVM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

shouldnt be too hard to examine the data files once the game is released.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

sanguinehearts wrote:shouldnt be too hard to examine the data files once the game is released.
Yeah, but getting data off Wii discs isn't easy :wink:
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

If you know how then it isnt difficult, its even possible to dump your own common key using some homebrew tools so you dont need to 'find it' using questionable methods.
this will allow you to mount the image, that you made legally using other homebrew tools and decrypt it then view the file systems.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

sanguinehearts wrote:If you know how then it isnt difficult, its even possible to dump your own common key using some homebrew tools so you dont need to 'find it' using questionable methods.
this will allow you to mount the image, that you made legally using other homebrew tools and decrypt it then view the file systems.
I thought there was something with needing an LG drive to use its debug mode to run the disc backwards?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Nope you can certainly now dump discs with Wii homebrew.
I think you can dump in sections to sd card and rebuild the image on your computer.
chojin

Post by chojin »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Yeah, probably. But I don't mind.
I just hope SoK is not worse than the last Tomb Raider (on Wii).
And yeah, it's already got a talkie. Last Crusade doesn't.
Uh I mixed it up somehow. Do you know whether there is a german talkie as well? My FoA is part of an Adventurer Pack on CD, but there is no monster.sou :( The single edition "DOS CD" doesn't mention the words "talkie" or "speech".
Zygma_Experiment

Post by Zygma_Experiment »

I hope this is a sign Lucasarts are thinking about how they could exploit some of their old IPs. The Wii would seem to be the perfect machine to release their old adventure games on - either in the form of a disc-based collection, or as Virtual Console releases.
Mirko

Post by Mirko »

chojin wrote:Uh I mixed it up somehow. Do you know whether there is a german talkie as well?
I don't think there ever was a talkie except the english one.
paul0272

Post by paul0272 »

Screens from the Wii version of Fate of Atlantis:

http://www.destructoid.com/check-out-th ... 7838.phtml
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

bgbennyboy over at the mojo forums has taken a look at the files. The SCUMM data files are exactly the same as the PC version. So, there will be no new detection entry in ScummVM. :P Interestingly, the binary has a string for version "5.2.28cd (Apr 9 2009 12:57:04)," which does not match the original FOA version of 5.5.00. 5.2.28cd was the interpreter originally used in MI2 on the Monkey Island Madness CD. The logic behind this is most likely that the original 5.2.28cd was from 1996 after the 5.5.00 from FOA (1992), so they probably chose to base the port off the newer interpreter.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Are you saying that a later FOA CD with an updated interpreter was released for PC/Mac? I'm fairly sure the CD included with the 1997 White Label Indy double-bill compilation was the same as the original 1993 retail CD.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The speech version of Indy4 definitely was released with an update interpreter, to support, well, the speech ;). And so, yes, the Indy4 with speech versions for PC and Mac were released with an "updated" (well: different) interpreter.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

I meant was there another interpreter that came out after the talkie version and before this Wii interpreter?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

No, I was saying the Wii version uses an updated version of the MI2 CD interpreter. I never said anything about an updated FOA interpreter besides the Wii version.
Charlii

Post by Charlii »

So with this release, more than half of the Lucasarts SCUMM games are currently available for purchase? Sweet...