How Can I Turn Off Drascula's Speech?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BullCityTarHeel

How Can I Turn Off Drascula's Speech?

Post by BullCityTarHeel »

So I just downloaded Drascula, everything works fine. Problem is; the speech is truly unbearable. I can't find any way to turn it off! I found that the buttons "T" and "V" turn on speech & text, or speech only, respectively but there doesn't seem to be a button for text only! Tried to edit the option in the ScummVM profile and that did nothing! Even tried deleting the voice files but then the speech doesn't wait on the screen at all, so is rendered unreadable! Is there some button I'm missing? Is there some weird way to open a menu I don't know about? Ahh! I'm at my wits end! What can I do!?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: How Can I Turn Off Drascula's Speech?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I don't know if you can turn off speech from within the game (I've hardly played it yet), but you should be able to use the Edit game dialog to change the settings to "Subtitles Only".
marticus

Post by marticus »

If all else fails, you could turn off your speakers :P
noize

Post by noize »

You could also try for the original spanish speech, which I did. Much better then the english dub.
BullCityTarHeel

eriktorbjorn: I have already tried that, it doesn't override the game's need to play the speech. :?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BullCityTarHeel wrote:eriktorbjorn: I have already tried that, it doesn't override the game's need to play the speech. :?
Odd. It does for me. Though I'm using the development version of ScummVM, not 0.12.0. Maybe that makes a difference?
BullCityTarHeel

I assume it must, editing the game's profile not only won't change it to text only it won't change it to speech only either, it's as if it has no effect on the game whatsoever. Guess I'll try what noize suggested, is that as easy as simply copying the spanish speech files over top of the english ones in my Drascula directory, and, if so, what is the extension of said speech files?

Thanks, by the way, to everyone who has responded!