MacOS Version ?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

fingolfin wrote:Actually, looking again, I can *not* reproduce any bugs with hq2x or hq3x on Intel Mac, using the nasm version.
I installed a newer version of the Developer Tools and I now have nasm version 0.98.40 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 11), i.e. the same than you. There is some improvement as it doesn't crash anymore when I compile with nasm and I now have the same behaviour than with you build (i.e. display is wrong in fullscreen mode with hq2x/hq3x but is fine in windowed mode).
If I compile without nasm the display is always right. Maybe the issue is only with some hardware. However I can reproduce it on both my intel macs (original intel Imac running 10.4 and early 2008 MacBook Pro running 10.5).

Even if the comment on the wiki is obsolete, maybe this is better to be on the safe side and compile the mac builds without nasm (and as mentioned before, this is not as if nasm was needed to get good performances on intel macs - even the older ones).
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

To repeat it: The graphic glitches that I saw in full screen were *not* caused by hq2x/hq3x -- they occurred with any scaler (past tense because that bug has already been fixed).

If you get graphics errors, please make a screen shot, and then file a detailed bug report as how to reproduce on our bug tracker, and we'll look into it. The nasm versions should work, and do work for me.
DarkVamp

Post by DarkVamp »

Hi,

PPC Build runs like a charm :-)

I will try 7TH GUEST this weekend... Have to rip the AUDIO parts to MP3
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

fingolfin wrote:To repeat it: The graphic glitches that I saw in full screen were *not* caused by hq2x/hq3x -- they occurred with any scaler (past tense because that bug has already been fixed).
To repeat it: the bug is not fixed for me. ;-) This is probably a different bug and it looks very much like it is linked with the hq2x and hq3x scalers to me (I tried nearly all graphic modes).
fingolfin wrote:If you get graphics errors, please make a screen shot, and then file a detailed bug report as how to reproduce on our bug tracker, and we'll look into it. The nasm versions should work, and do work for me.
Sorry, I should have done that earlier and I have just done so. That was my last post on that issue in this thread.
For reference, the bug ID is 2531679.
DarkVamp

Post by DarkVamp »

Hi,

"THE 7TH GUEST" runs perfect on my PowerMac G5 ;-) Sweet