Testing, testing (Help us with 0.13.0 release testing)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

LordHoto wrote: Well you could at least mention it here, so we can add it to our http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Kyra/ ... e_Original page.
It's rather wordy and requires savegames to reproduce it fast so I reported it 2568503
sirskunkalot

Simon The Sorcerer II

Post by sirskunkalot »

Simon The Sorcerer 2 (CD/WINDOWS/GERMAN)
0.13.0pre-20090201
Win32

No notable Bugs encountered.
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

Waxworks (Floppy/DOS/English) 01/09/09 daily build for Windows XP is not completable.

You can't combine items since drag and drop doesn't seem to work. I filed bug report #2583230
Zer02

Post by Zer02 »

Space quest 1 and 2 compleated bug #2537041 is now fixed
Manhunter 1 compleated version 1.22 win xp
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Finished Kyrandia3 (CD talkie, English) and The 7th Guest (English DOS) with the 20090210 build.
Apart from the reported glitch, no problems encountered.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

bobdevis wrote:Finished Kyrandia3 (CD talkie, English)
Which "path" did you take to complete the game?
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Since beta testing was the excuse to replay this game, I tested all paths. I pulled up a walkthough later to check if I tried everything. I couldn't quite remember all the details from my first play like 15 years ago so there was plenty of goofing around too.
I did not score all the 911 points though. I wonder if that is even possible.
prefix

Bud tucker

Post by prefix »

So i sat down with my old copy of Bud Tucker in Double Trouble, i copied the required files over to my harddrive, and loaded the game in latest build of scummvm, the game runs very smoothly but after about an hour of gameplay i was sad to run into a critical bug, after doing the whole strip joint act, getting put into jail and escaping again i decided to go back to the strip joint, i was put into a loop and was forced to relive the jail, unfortunately when i got there i found that it was bugged too, the "secret door" was open but could not be entered, i could fill the bucket with water again but i couldn't pour it on Pantsy, so in fact, i was really stuck in the Jail with no way out.. have to load the game from start again since i didn't save before it :p

Just thought i should bring this to your attention. 1 hour of gameplay = wasted. :p

This was on Windows XP.

using ScummVM 0.13.0pre
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

bobdevis wrote:Since beta testing was the excuse to replay this game, I tested all paths.
Very nice! Thanks :)
prefix wrote:So i sat down with my old copy of Bud Tucker in Double Trouble, i copied the required files over to my harddrive, and loaded the game in latest build of scummvm, the game runs very smoothly but after about an hour of gameplay i was sad to run into a critical bug, after doing the whole strip joint act, getting put into jail and escaping again i decided to go back to the strip joint, i was put into a loop and was forced to relive the jail, unfortunately when i got there i found that it was bugged too, the "secret door" was open but could not be entered, i could fill the bucket with water again but i couldn't pour it on Pantsy, so in fact, i was really stuck in the Jail with no way out.. have to load the game from start again since i didn't save before it :p
Please file a bug report on this.
prefix

Allrighty.

Post by prefix »

Making the bug report now :)

edit: yeah i realized jonathan:p
Last edited by prefix on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

He is talking about Kyrandia 3, not Bud Tucker....
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Gobliiins (CD/DOS English) is completable in Windows with no noticable errors.

I'll try to test the next two Goblins games later. Don't own the floppy versions, sorry.

Edit: Gobliins 2 (CD/DOS English) is also completable in Windows. There are a couple of minor sound glitches: the intro video lags a bit behind the sound, and there are two places where the voices cut off during playback, though it's possible that this occured in the original game too (can't recall).
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've played, and completed, Bud Tucker with WinXp and on the Nintendo Wii recently.
The only problem I came across once on the Wii is related to saving and loading.
So you can save and load within the game using a) the verb 'open' and then clicking the icon of a PC/monitor. Or b) you can use the ScummVM menu.
I'd saved my game with the a) verb method. The next day when I loaded that save with the b) ScummVM menu method all my inventory items had disappeared except for those that you start the game with. It's easy to get around. You just load the save within the game (a)) instead of using (b)) the ScummVM menu.
Should this be reported under bugs?

Also, just for the record, I've completed both Indy games on the Wii recently with no problems. I couldn't resist some boxing now we have USB keyboard builds.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Red_Breast wrote:I've played, and completed, Bud Tucker with WinXp and on the Nintendo Wii recently.
What version of Bud Tucker?

Red_Breast wrote:The only problem I came across once on the Wii is related to saving and loading.
So you can save and load within the game using a) the verb 'open' and then clicking the icon of a PC/monitor. Or b) you can use the ScummVM menu.
I'd saved my game with the a) verb method. The next day when I loaded that save with the b) ScummVM menu method all my inventory items had disappeared except for those that you start the game with. It's easy to get around. You just load the save within the game (a)) instead of using (b)) the ScummVM menu.
Should this be reported under bugs?
Yes.
Red_Breast wrote:Also, just for the record, I've completed both Indy games on the Wii recently with no problems. I couldn't resist some boxing now we have USB keyboard builds.
What versions?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

clone2727 wrote: What versions?
Bud Tucker DOS/English
Atlantis CD/DOS/English
Indy 3 VGA/DOS/English

What I said about Tucker on Wii (unofficial build) and the save/load thing. I thought I'd try it on WinXP.
I downloaded the 14 Feb .exe and started up a new game. You have 3 items in your inventory at the start. I picked up 4 items around me and saved with the in-game menu.
Then I quit ScummVM, started the game again and found that I couldn't bring up a ScummVM menu in-game on any of the F (function) keys.

Also the 14 Feb build. I can't change to modern GUI.

File <File Stream>, line 31
<color name = 'darkorange'
rgb = '210, 114, 10'
/>
<color name = 'brightorange'
rgb = '239, 196, 24'
/>
Parser error: Unexpected key in the active scope <'color'>.
WARNING: Failed to parse STX file 'scummmodern_gfx.stx'!
WARNING: Failed to load theme 'C:\Program Files\ScummVM\scummmodern.zip'!

The modern GUI is exactly what it says on the tin right? What I mean is if the modern GUI was working, I still wouldn't be able to bring up a ScummVM menu in-game with Tucker on a function key.