What is Lucasarts' problem?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Freddo wrote:
rented mule wrote:What you should be looking for is the next game from Ron Gilbert.
That would be DeathSpank.
Which is of course on the DS, heh heh heh:

Click here, pretty big image
Bladeforce

Post by Bladeforce »

I can see a monkey island 5 doing very well on the wii. that control system is made for adventure games :)
CyberAxe

Post by CyberAxe »

Someone needs to start a boycott movment on all starwars games so that no one will spend money on lucasarts untill our demands are met!

and those demands are they release full throttle and sam and max sequals that were cancelled and mi5 (which they promised us eons ago iirc)!

and a sequal to loom!
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Well the problem with the Full Throttle sequel was that it really wasn't any good and LA knew it. Sam & Max 2, on the other hand, is unforgivable. The game was finished and they just....you know what, I can't get into it again. I'm still very bitter about it. The good news is that LA can't make a Sam & Max game anymore because Tell Tale now has the rights.
Bad Asp

Post by Bad Asp »

CyberAxe wrote:Someone needs to start a boycott movment on all starwars games so that no one will spend money on lucasarts untill our demands are met!

and those demands are they release full throttle and sam and max sequals that were cancelled and mi5 (which they promised us eons ago iirc)!

and a sequal to loom!
I second that!

But I think we should tell president Obama, or the Supreme Court, to shut down Lucasarts for all the crimes it has committed over the years! And believe me, the company committed a hell of a lot of crimes! I'd list all of them, but I'd probably run out of room...
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

LucastArts can't release Sam & Max 2 even if they wanted to as they don't have the licence and Full Throttle 2 as MusicallyInspired said wasn't very good and last you wouldn't want MI5 without Rob Gilbert which is unlikely to happen. And lastly Grim Fandango 2 which was also on their schedule at one point would never measure up to the original so why bother.

I don't really want anything from LucasArts except an anthology of all the Scumm games to be released as not all of them are available except second hand.
kawickboy

Post by kawickboy »

does ron gilbert work on video games nowadays ?
even if ron would'nt work on a MI again, another point'n'click from him would be great.
lucas sam&max2 was really finished ?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

kawickboy wrote:does ron gilbert work on video games nowadays ?
Yes, at HotHead Games. Working on Deathspank, currently.
even if ron would'nt work on a MI again, another point'n'click from him would be great.
lucas sam&max2 was really finished ?
Yes, it was all done. Ready to be shipped, if I remember correctly. They were morons for not releasing it. Steve Purcell said it was mystifying that they didn't release it.
Tinhead Ned

Post by Tinhead Ned »

See they've apparently cancelled the Xbox / PS3 versions of the new Indiana Jones game now too, and are focussing solely on the Wii version. I can't see the logic behind this personally (although no doubt someone will set me straight), it seems as if they're deliberately trying to lose money.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

IIRC, the cancelation of the Indiana JOnes ports were due to development problems on these platforms that stalled the games release on all instances.

I guess they must have thought, 'Hey, better a Wii release than no release at all!'.

Not that I'm interested:P
SonataFanatica

Post by SonataFanatica »

iPwnzorz wrote:Which is of course on the DS, heh heh heh:

Click here, pretty big image
You do know that the things you see on the DS screens are merely wallpapers, don't you? The lower one is the main menu of an R4!
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

Bad Asp wrote:
But I think we should tell president Obama, or the Supreme Court, to shut down Lucasarts for all the crimes it has committed over the years! And believe me, the company committed a hell of a lot of crimes! I'd list all of them, but I'd probably run out of room...
Or Obama and his administration could just shove the entire LucasArts staff into a plane, make it crash, and then make up phony stories about why the plane crashed.
doomer

Post by doomer »

I never did like Monkey Island.

I prefer Revolution makes Broken Sword V. ;)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

doomer wrote:I never did like Monkey Island.

I prefer Revolution makes Broken Sword V. ;)
if they would revert back to using 2d I say OK, but 3 and 4 wheren't my favorites...