Monkey Island, and other good (free) games?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bluefoxicy

Monkey Island, and other good (free) games?

Post by bluefoxicy »

First off is this accurate:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_p ... d_id=82104

Apparently Monkey's Island 1 and 2 were freeware'd like Beneath a Steel Sky... apparently. I sure as hell can't find it.

I'm looking to put this, Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island, the other games on the ScummVM download page, and anything else free/open out there on my Wii. I noticed in another thread (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6273) there's a Monkey Island version out there with Ogg Vorbis tracks... any idea where this came from?
Jade

Post by Jade »

i HIGHLY doubt that's true (read no) the ogg tracks would likely come from the Monkey Island Madness CD
bluefoxicy

Post by bluefoxicy »

Jade wrote:i HIGHLY doubt that's true (read no) the ogg tracks would likely come from the Monkey Island Madness CD
Okay where do I get THAT and how do I get it on my Wii?
Jade

Post by Jade »

buy it, as for the wii part, there's a sub forum
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

The monkey island games are NOT freewared.
You are simply going to have to buy them.
BJ_Wanlund

Post by BJ_Wanlund »

One problem with your logic, Watson: Where DO I purchase these games? I got MI1 for free on that PC Gamer demo disc about 8 years ago with all the good old games like the original Links & Need For Speed (before EA borked it to high heaven).

I don't think LA has any right to just sit on these treasures. Release it on GOG.com, or Steam if you can't let it go without DRM, you skunk sweat-covered pigs!

BJ
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

You can get them second hand on ebay or amazon.
BJ_Wanlund

Post by BJ_Wanlund »

Well, since I'm boycotting eBay, it's either Amazon Marketplace or resorting to piracy?

Gee thanks LucasArts, your money-hungry ways just lost you a customer who'll blindly buy everything you put out (save for Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings).

BJ
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Either way, if you decide to resort to piracy we do not wish to hear about it here, nor will you receive any support on these forums.
BJ_Wanlund

Post by BJ_Wanlund »

No worries, I found the game I wanted (FoA, since it's up in the air if the FoA being bundled with Staff of Kings is really the adventure game, although it said the "classic" Fate of Atlantis on the official site... who knows...) for about $15 used on Amazon Marketplace (I'd much rather go there than eBay any day).

BJ
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I think it's FoA the action game actually.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Jonatan wrote:I think it's FoA the action game actually.
I disagree. The FoA action game did very poorly. I'll quote The Tingler's opinion on this: :wink:
The Tingler wrote:I highly doubt it - EVERYONE wants to forget that game, LucasArts included. They wouldn't bother advertising it!
But, there's already a thread on this.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

I am still wondering why people think, abandonwarez are legal. Just the fact that companies do not enforce their rights and obviously tolerate these sites does not make it legal to upload such things.
The most important problem is that video games, unlike other media like motion pictures or music, are not freele aired so that everyone can tape them.
marticus

Post by marticus »

Nikioko wrote:I am still wondering why people think, abandonwarez are legal.
I wonder if they get abandonfood(tm) at work - oh look this sandwich hasnt been claimed in 5 mins, it must be unwanted.