A Selection of Original SCUMM games

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andycroll

A Selection of Original SCUMM games

Post by andycroll »

Looking for a good home for a random selection of SCUMM games (not-boxed)

Curse of MI (2CD + manual)
Broken Sword 1 & 2 (Sold Out CDs)
Simon the Sorceror 1 & 2 (CDs)
Flight of the Amazon Queen (CD + Manual)
Indy Jones: Crusade + Atlantis (CD + Manuals Plus Grail Diary (virgin release))
The Dig (CD only)
Sam n Max + DOTT (CD + Manuals)

You just need to cover postage and prove you're worthy of these epic greats, and tell me my favourite Monkey Island game. (If you go to my website http://priicr.com and get 'something wrong' it should be easy enough to answer!

Reason for the give-away... leaving the country!
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

for curse go to amazon UK and same for sam & max and dig.

but i did once find sam and max on the usa amazon
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

errrr... I believe he is trying to GIVE his games away, not buy them:P
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Looks like a dirty advertisement to me.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

You are most certainly right. Thread should be deleted. Anyone?
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

He says he's living in Singapore in his blog.
clem

Post by clem »

I don't think this should be deleted.
But why give these great games away and not take them with you when you leave? :)
andycroll

Post by andycroll »

It's not a 'dirty' advertisement!

I'm just trying to find a home for some Lucasarts classics I found in the loft when cleaning out the stuff in my folks house, ready to go back to Singapore!

I have a genuine affection for that age of gaming and couldn't be bothered with ebaying so wanted to give them a good home, and I thought someone on here might be interested in having some originals for free!

My affection has drifted into the website I built, which I thought might be also interesting for people with the same gaming history...

http://priicr.com/404
http://priicr.com/500

... I was merely trying to ensure that the person who wanted the whole lot was willing to do a little digging, rather than just be the lucky person to post first.

So much for trying to to do something nice! :-) Where's your Xmas spirit?

Andy
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, I'm sorry, but to me the first post still looks like it's trying to trick people into going to your site without really saying what it is and your site still looks like a commercial product to me though I might be wrong. Where's the christmas spirit in making people jump through hoops? Couldn't they just post their favorite mi game and reason for wanting a game here?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Guys, relax. I see not even a hint to the problem in this post. I myself even tried to contact the author via PM (still no reply, though) and request FOTAQ and the Indy collection (I miss Indy3 for PC :roll:)

I suppose that his 'mini-quest' to his site is supposed to show that you really know the stuff, as you have to recognize the game by a partial screenshot.

Eugene
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

I think the people that most deserve those games are ScummVM devs. They do a hard work and can even make easier their effort, and making vert happy to lots of adventure game fans with the results of their hard work :)
andycroll

Post by andycroll »

Eugene

They are all yours!

Glad to offer them to the team behind the lovely ScummVM.

PM me an address to send them to.

Andy
iwantmi5

Post by iwantmi5 »

why dont you just keep them? they are after all very legendary games and will, if not already, become collectors items one day. i just think you should play them using scummvm and then in maybe ten years or so, sell them. but even then, you would be making a mistake.
clem

Post by clem »

iwantmi5 wrote:why dont you just keep them? they are after all very legendary games and will, if not already, become collectors items one day. i just think you should play them using scummvm and then in maybe ten years or so, sell them. but even then, you would be making a mistake.
Because he wrote above that he's leaving the country.