The Legend of Kyrandia - Qestions to all three Games

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Urd

The Legend of Kyrandia - Qestions to all three Games

Post by Urd »

After quite some time i'm back.
And I'm glad to see that you got the Discworld code and youre starteing an Implementation, and Finally Kyrandia sit fully supportet.
What brings me to my questions:
I grabbed my "old" Kyrandia CDs and whated to turn them into ScummVM Games, but there occured some oddities:
1: Why the hell are there for "The Legend of Kyrandia" two folders for each langauge on the cd? they have the exact same size, and are named 1 and 2. is there any difference between them?
2: The Datafiles wikipage says that "WESTWOOD.002" is only needed for "Malcolms Revenge" this is obvously right, because without it wont work (t doesnt even get to know the game) but I think I will write a comemct to the wiki taht this file is located in the main fodler of the cd, but the rest un den "Malcolm" subfolder (yes this is not really a question"
3: Is this C&Cish music in the main Menu of "Malcolms revenge" normal? I've played the game not in Years, and I'm not running any Machine right now on wich I could install the game and check it.
4:The datafiles says taht any "*0.VQA" Files are required for "Malcolms revenge". there is a File namend"K3INTRO0.VQA" which is not recognesed when I search for "*0.VQA" which is very odd. any explanation why? (is this file needed nevertheless?)

I hope the Language isn't too confusing, and keep up the kood work, I'm looking forward to Discworld. ^^
clem

Re: The Legend of Kyrandia - Qestions to all three Games

Post by clem »

Urd wrote: I grabbed my "old" Kyrandia CDs and whated to turn them into ScummVM Games, but there occured some oddities:
1: Why the hell are there for "The Legend of Kyrandia" two folders for each langauge on the cd? they have the exact same size, and are named 1 and 2. is there any difference between them?
Probably to fill the CD and to have a backup in case the files in one folder end up faulty due to scratched CD. No, the files are 100% identical.
Urd wrote: 3: Is this C&Cish music in the main Menu of "Malcolms revenge" normal? I've played the game not in Years, and I'm not running any Machine right now on wich I could install the game and check it.
Yes.
Urd wrote: 4:The datafiles says taht any "*0.VQA" Files are required for "Malcolms revenge". there is a File namend"K3INTRO0.VQA" which is not recognesed when I search for "*0.VQA" which is very odd. any explanation why? (is this file needed nevertheless?)
No idea why this file isn't found during file search. Probably bad Operating System? *ducks* :) I think that files is needed to display the intro animation.
Urd wrote: I hope the Language isn't too confusing, and keep up the kood work, I'm looking forward to Discworld. ^^
Actually you can grab a daily SVN build and play it right away. Job's pretty much done on that one I think.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Urd wrote: 3: Is this C&Cish music in the main Menu of "Malcolms revenge" normal?
Now I'm curious. What's "C&Cish music"?
Urd

Post by Urd »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Urd wrote: 3: Is this C&Cish music in the main Menu of "Malcolms revenge" normal?
Now I'm curious. What's "C&Cish music"?
I've tried to satte that the music fairly rememberd me of a Tune from Command & Conquor, wich wouldn't be too suprising, because it was from westwood too. ^^
clem

Post by clem »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Now I'm curious. What's "C&Cish music"?
C&C: Tiberium Dawn featured an industrial soundtrack, songs with lots of bass and voice samples.

The title screen music of Malcolm's Revenge sounds surprisingly similar. Music for both games was done by Frank Klepacki.
Urd

Post by Urd »

Frank Klepackis Website hast listed many Tracks from the games to listen to:
http://www.frankklepacki.com/
the song i meant was "just do it up" from tiberium dawn,