How do you SCUMM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dj jack

Post by dj jack »

Currently running ScummVM on: Windows, Linux, BeOS, Symbian, GP2X, PlayStation2, NintendoDS, Wii.

To-do: EVERYTHING ELSE. I won't be truly satisfied until ScummVM will run on my wrist-watch.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I think it's best on the Nintendo DS. The stylus just steals the glory. The only downfall for me is that it doesn't support all the games because of RAM limitations. Does the PSP support all ScummVM games? If it does that would be the one thing the PSP port has over the DS. Still wouldn't get one, though. I can't cope with using a D-Pad to move the cursour around. It needs to be either a mouse, Wii remote, or stylus to work for me.
Yeah, every game supported runs.

Even COMI and "I don't have mouth and I must scream".

Also, isn't the display on the DS a little bit too small? Didn't try installing SCUMMVM on my DS.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Resolution-wise it's a little small, but it can fit the screen to the DS's size. Doesn't bother me and works really well.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Actually I would have problems with COMI on the DS. For a start, you need a keyboard or the verb coin, neither of which would work very well on the DS.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

There is a virtual keyboard on ScummVM DS that works very well for everything. Works very well for AGI games. The verb coin can still work as well. The stylus has 3 different modes: Hover mode, Left button mode, and Right button mode. You change between modes with the D-Pad. It wouldn't be too hard to use a verb coin with that.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

I know that (I do have it), but you'd be constantly switching between mouse and keyboard. Also you can't hold mouse buttons down on there.

It would just not work "/
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

well.... only on my good old winxp....

i still could bite my shiny ass, i sold my wii, DAMN!!!!!!
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Ok, so i sorta collect ScummVM platforms :P

Currently i run ScummVM on: Windows(desktops running 98,me,xp and a laptop running vista), A persistent install of Fedora 9 loaded on a thumbdrive, OSX on a G4 Sawtooth, PalmOS on T-E2 and Zodiac, PocketPC on a viewsonic device, and most recently, my Ipod touch :)

I hope soon to be able to check out the PSP and Wii versions, i already have these devices but i prefer to have Backup systems first before i do anything like hacking firmwares and whatnot.

I think my goal is to pretty much play Monkey island in any way i can :)
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

You seem to collect a lot of games for them too. That's quite a collection you have of games, and pictures of you with them.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

lazylazyjoe wrote:You seem to collect a lot of games for them too. That's quite a collection you have of games, and pictures of you with them.

It has been quite a while since ive last updated those pages, there's about a years worth of acquisitions to add to those lists :P

I have been waaaaaaay too addicted to Xbox360 as of late, lol.