How old are you all

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mjfoxtrot

Post by mjfoxtrot »

I'm 48 and I play a few games on ScummVM, but primarily I enjoy setting up the games for my 9-year-old son. He's been a ScummVM user since he was 5 years old and has played every game of the Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, and SPY Fox series. Sometimes his mother and I would sit next to him while he played and help him. A few times we had to resort to finding a walk-through online . . . these games for young children can be tough sometimes ;)

My son has also played Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise, a few of the Putt-Putt games, and several of the Blues Clues titles. He tried all the "Let's Explore" games when he was very young. He also played the Big Thinker's Kindergarten and Big Thinker's First Grade games.

ScummVM is a wonderful program that allows a parent like myself to share some classic cartoon adventure games with their child. My son not only enjoys the games (he still likes to re-play Pajama Sam and SPY Fox now and then,) but it got him accustomed at an early age to using a computer. He does very well in school on computer-related work and I attribute some of that to ScummVM.

Keep up the good work on a great program. I too have learned a lot from setting up the games on ScummVM and tweaking the settings so the graphics look good, the sound is stable, etc. etc. I even played Space Quest 2, one of my favorite games from many years ago.
HeroPally

Post by HeroPally »

I'm 23 years old.
guybrush376

Post by guybrush376 »

Also I'm 14, started caring about DOS & Scumm games around grade 5-6.
pncFreak

Re: How old are you all

Post by pncFreak »

Major bump!
How old are we now, and how long have we been into/using ScummVM?
Would have been nice to see some kind of statistics, staple diagram, regarding age of ScummVM onset and duration :D

All the Best! :D
/pncFreak