How old are you all

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Longcat

Post by Longcat »

it's a joke ...
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

27. First played kq3 on a 286 back in 1989. Then sq3, then kq4, ... gets kinda fuzzy after that. I know monkey island 1 on a 486 was in there somewhere. That was my first lec game.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Jonatan wrote:it's a joke ...
Yes, I know. Hence the smiley.
nabla

Post by nabla »

Ahh, I remember the times when every Lucasarts Game was perfect...

One of my first games was MI1. I can remember not getting far because I never went back where Guybrush initially comes from (the lookout guy).
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

nabla wrote:Ahh, I remember the times when every Lucasarts Game was perfect...
Heh, yeah. Back then Lucasarts was the ultimate quality brand for gaming.

But that all changed when Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi was released. Then followed the flood of bad games.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Hey, come on now. Masters of Teras Kasi was a great game.
AceReaper

Post by AceReaper »

Cyphox wrote:
AceReaper wrote:
iPwnzorz wrote:Just because MI2SP people want to know:

Youngest person to care about SCUMM?
Do I beat you saying 14? But I used scummvm first when I was 13 :P
I used to play Sam and Max, DOTT and Space Quest 4 when i was 4-5 and I've NEVER forgotten them!
lol, i can't even remember what i did / played when i was about 4 or 5

So young and already such a good intuition and feeling for good games 8)

you have my respect :!:
Why thank you :D I just remember living in my old house with the old PC and just having fun! I also used to play Beneath a Steel sky and Toon Struck too ;)
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

Freddo wrote:
But that all changed when Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi was released. Then followed the flood of bad games.
Lol, that title sounds so stupid. The german word "Käse" means "Cheese" and "Käsi" sounds like a minimization of "Käse"

Muahaha..... :lol:
clem

Post by clem »

Cyphox wrote:Lol, that title sounds so stupid. The german word "Käse" means "Cheese" and "Käsi" sounds like a minimization of "Käse"
"'Teräs Käsi' [...] while being in grammatically incorrect form, is Finnish for "steel hand"." (Wikipedia)

"Tekken (鉄拳, Tekken lit. Iron Fist) is a series of fighting games developed and published by Namco." - Wikipedia article on "Tekken (Series)"
raina

Post by raina »

clem wrote: "'Teräs Käsi' [...] while being in grammatically incorrect form, is Finnish for "steel hand"."
Darn spoilsport Wikipedia. ;) Anyway, the correct form is compound: "teräskäsi". This was the funniest thing at the time of the release because you didn't see a lot of Finnish in internationally released games. And you still don't. It's mostly kids' games (naturally) and non-games like the Sims that get fi_FI localization.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Well I'm 39, and still have fond memories of the text adventures made for machines like the Sinclair Spectrum 16/48K, and Commodore 64. Like the 1983 title "The Mutant Spiders". So I guess my "point-n-click" interest developed alongside the games themselves, when they replaced the text adventures :) Can't help feeling old when I have to use an emulator to access games made in my teens!

ScummVM is absolutely brilliant, nostalgia abounds every time i pick up my Windows Mobile phone (w/an 8 GB memory card) and play a game made for the antique machines of yesteryear (with kilobytes that could be counted in the hundreds!).
tadhock

Post by tadhock »

shipshape

Post by shipshape »

I am 25. I think that adventure was the first computer game I had ever played along with Nethack. I also remember playing one of the oregon trail games in elementary school. The first video game that I ever played was kid nikki.
paul0272

Post by paul0272 »

Yay for text adventures on the ZX Spectrum! :D

I played so many of those as a kid.
iwantmi5

Post by iwantmi5 »

i dont feel comfortable saying my age, but i will say this:my first scumm game and mi game was mi3 when i was about 7. im not 7 btw.