How old are you all

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kaveirious
Got a warning

Post by kaveirious »

I'm 32.
Idrisguitar

Post by Idrisguitar »

I am 23, and I started playing adventure games ever since I was...............23 :)

Yeah thats right, I have managed to go my whole life totally ignoring what has now turned out to be my favourite gaming genre (by a country mile too)

On the positive end though, I have a thousand odd hours of top tier gaming coming my way I the next few years :)
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

18 years old, and my first adventure game was Kyrandia 1, i think. played it when i was really young 8).
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I had a bit of spare time on my hands and was interested in summarising the info from this thread, so here is the histogram of the age of the ScummVM users that posted in this thread so far:

Last edited by criezy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey114

Post by Monkey114 »

30 here.

My favorite game of all time is DOTT, I remember in 1994 I was listening the characters talking thinking "Wow, computers can talk!"
grim107

Post by grim107 »

I really don't have time to read through this whole thread, but I'm assuming that I'm one of the youngest. I'm 15 now, but have been playing LucasArts games since I was 6 or 7. Before that, I remember watching my brother play when I was 3. DOTT was the first adventure game I ever played and it changed my life.

We got FoA and DOTT for free when we bought our Win3.1. Best deal ever!
Psiclops

Post by Psiclops »

I'm 32 and a big fan of old games,not only from Lucas Arts but Cryo, Virgin, Fox, as well as other game companies.

Of course the true oldschool games are not from PC but from Amstrad, Commodore, Amiga, Atari, Spectrum. Those were the top.

My absolute favourite games (true classics) from Lucas Arts are:

Day of the Tentacle (loved every minute of it)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Star Wars Rebel Assault II
Star Wars Dark Forces
Monkey Island 1-2-3
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Full Throttle (all time Classic)
The Dig (Just the Best)
Grim Fandango
Outlaws
smithdwsn

Post by smithdwsn »

I am 25. I like play some adventures games.
bman

Post by bman »

I have to up the next to last graph since I'm 41. I remember trying to make these games work on a 286 with pluggable DIPs. And the advent of hearing actual sounds instead of speaker chirps from my first sound card was a marvel. The first game I recall in the ScummVM line is Manhunter. Now I have to check if my 7th Guest floppies still work. Once I find a floppy drive in my spare parts bin, that is.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Did you calibrate the ages? The postings started in 2008, so I expect the stated ages to have changed since then :)
criezy wrote:I had a bit of spare time on my hands and was interested in summarising the info from this thread, so here is the histogram of the age of the ScummVM users that posted in this thread so far:

envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

I'm 38 (almost 39) *sigh*
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

Awesome to see the next generation take an interest in these classic Games!
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pncFreak wrote:Did you calibrate the ages? The postings started in 2008, so I expect the stated ages to have changed since then :)
From what I remember (but I could be wrong) I corrected the ages given depending on the date of the post so that all the ages used in the graph were at the date at which I made the graph.

You can check if this correct by going over the 8 pages of this thread and redoing the stats :)
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

:D I don't have your patience and perseverance!

It would be splendid to see an updated histogram every year or so - that is, if you still have that table ?
:)
koima57

Post by koima57 »

32 here.

My first adventure game was Captain Blood on the Amstrad CPC if i recall, and Indy last crusade on my friend's Amiga.

Broken Sword playstation as a fond memory, sadly i had no computer until late 2000.
Looking back what i missed with ScummVM for about the last 2 years. Sam & Max is my favorite as of now. Craaazy fun!