Wouldn't it have been great to have a SCUMM style game for..

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

funkster

Wouldn't it have been great to have a SCUMM style game for..

Post by funkster »

Planet of the Apes :D

I just had that thought watching a few planet of the apes videos online & one showing something that resembled a cartoon like game which got me thinking about monkey island and SCUMM. I can only imagine how good it could be in the style of Monkey Island 2/3 Graphics.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Who knows? It may still be possible.

There's ScummC and a new compiler that the developer told me to keep under wraps until he's got somewhere with it.

ScummC however, is very alpha. But there's already a fully working short proof of concept game.
Red_Breast

Re: Wouldn't it have been great to have a SCUMM style game f

Post by Red_Breast »

funkster wrote:Planet of the Apes :D
one showing something that resembled a cartoon like game
Mind if I ask what you mean. It's been years since I saw any PotA including that Wahlberg effort. Are you saying that in one of the films or TV episodes that there is a scene where some characters are playing some sort of game? If so how do they interact with it? Do they use a display?

I'm imagining a complete reversal. Monkeys playing a game called Human Island.
funkster

Post by funkster »

Red_Breast wrote:
funkster wrote:Planet of the Apes :D
one showing something that resembled a cartoon like game
Mind if I ask what you mean. It's been years since I saw any PotA including that Wahlberg effort. Are you saying that in one of the films or TV episodes that there is a scene where some characters are playing some sort of game? If so how do they interact with it? Do they use a display?

I'm imagining a complete reversal. Monkeys playing a game called Human Island.
No no, I was viewing some fan made videos, and this person has made cartoon like video that resembled an old 2d style game which reminded me of Monkey Island & SCUMM.

I was just saying it would have been great to have an adventure style PotA 2D game with the SCUMM engine, based on the old PotA Movies+series. I didn't like the Wahlberg/Burton re-imagining all that much, and I prefer the original.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

funkster wrote: No no, I was viewing some fan made videos, and this person has made cartoon like video that resembled an old 2d style game which reminded me of Monkey Island & SCUMM.

I was just saying it would have been great to have an adventure style PotA 2D game with the SCUMM engine, based on the old PotA Movies+series. I didn't like the Wahlberg/Burton re-imagining all that much, and I prefer the original.
Thanks for explaining. By the way I'm all for more monkey. Or ape.