slightly confused, discworld related...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superfighter

slightly confused, discworld related...

Post by superfighter »

Is it now supported? ive noticed some people on the boards saying that they have actually run it on Scumm, are these only on unfinished builds and not official yet?
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Yes. SVN builds aka snapshots aka subversion.

Grab the newest SVN from SCUMMVM's download page.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Actually, the correct short answer is:

No, it is not yet officially supported!

The correct long answer is:

Discworld works in current SVN snapshots, provided the person who made the snapshot explicitly enabled support for it via the --enable-tinsel flag (though I think MSVC builds just unconditionally enable it).

However, we do not yet officially support it, as no proper ScummVM release supports it (0.12.0 comes w/o DW support), and we didn't add it to our compatibility page yet. Though that will come soon, I think.

For now, if you want to play DW, you have to use development builds of ScummVM (which currently are somewhat unstable due to ungoing restructuring work).
themaster

Post by themaster »

I've been playing it.. I've made it to Act III..

The only things I note on my vista x64 box is sometimes the midi go crazy (I had to reboot to get my sound back) and sometimes it's crashes once in a while.. (so just save often)
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

i get speech but no music, still, its looking good :D
themaster

Post by themaster »

I'd say you got something wrong.. music works for me.. actually I think my midi problems were a walkthru I had open.. (but the annoying bit is turn the music down everytime can't hear voices..)

All I can say is it crashes maybe once a hour.. worst there is to say..