Visit Transylvania, at no cost

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Well, just discovered these CD images hidden away in the forum, and it seems I've got this to say:

1) That Spanish image was obviously dumped using CDRDAO, what with the presence of the TOC and all. Unfortunately, it was dumped without the byte order of the CD Audio being swapped, so that it comes out as noise when played on any media player. It wasn't too hard though to dump the tracks into individual RAW PCM files, use 'dd' to swap the byte order, then convert to WAV using SoX.

2) I compared this Spanish image to spookypeanut's English image and it seems they both suffer from glitchy audio, just like the other CD images I found on the web. Which just makes the existence of Alcachofa Soft's OGG package even more confusing, since its origins are unknown. Either they had a perfect CD all along, or they still own the master tapes of the soundtrack and created their OGGs out of those. And like others have said, these images also lack Track 31/32, so the origin of this extra track is similarly a mystery.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I know I was one of the 10 that downloaded that track when it was on Rapidshare mentioned in this thread, once a sticky, but I can't find it now. Damn.

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... cula+track