Another Big Testing Season!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

Ceri Cat wrote:I was finding without it it was informing me it was an unrecognised version still initially. Though the game still ran on my daily. *shrugs* Hand of Fate was flaky at first, I'm still trying to figure out where the issues were coming from as the CD didn't pop up any errors on me, but I'm pretty sure it's my old white box release that's the problem though as like I said recopying the files fixed the few problems.
which OS were you playing on? (for wiki inclusion)
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Just finished a playthrough of Simon the Sorcerer 1 CD English on Windows XP using a compiled 0.12pre as of 25th July. No errors encountered.
Bernstein229

Post by Bernstein229 »

I finished Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch. The only thing wrong was that it froze occasionally. I used the Macintosh version of the game, on the Mac OS X port of ScummVM.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Bernstein229 wrote:I finished Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch. The only thing wrong was that it froze occasionally. I used the Macintosh version of the game, on the Mac OS X port of ScummVM.
What kind of freezes occurred? This is probably a regression and should be put on the bug tracker.
Bernstein229

Post by Bernstein229 »

It froze when I clicked things on random occasions. Just like Freddi Fish 2.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Bernstein229 wrote:It froze when I clicked things on random occasions. Just like Freddi Fish 2.
Please, file a bug report.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Just finished a playthrough of Simon the Sorcerer 2 CD English on Windows XP using a compiled 0.12pre as of 25th July. No errors encountered.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

My gaming machine is Windows XP Pro SP3.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Ceri Cat wrote:Malcolm's Revenge is completable as well.
Which conscience did you choose later on? Would be good to know for testing reasons.
Ceri Cat wrote:As a side note, any idea when the HOF demo will be included in the support?
I thought we had support for both HoF demos (interactive and non-interactive one) allready. Maybe you got a different demo version? (Or we missed the MD5 sums of one version)
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

I just finished a playthrough of The Feeble Files 4 CD English. I fixed an error with the game engine crashing on exit, and there is one non-critical timing bug in the cutscene where Sam shoots the bird on the mountaintop which is in the bug tracker.

PS: I got a warning about dropped frames whenever I dragged the window in Windowed mode; I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, since it was only a warning, and I didn't need to drag the window around very often.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

LordHoto wrote:
Ceri Cat wrote:Malcolm's Revenge is completable as well.
Which conscience did you choose later on? Would be good to know for testing reasons.
Ceri Cat wrote:As a side note, any idea when the HOF demo will be included in the support?
I thought we had support for both HoF demos (interactive and non-interactive one) allready. Maybe you got a different demo version? (Or we missed the MD5 sums of one version)
Chose Gunther. And the demo in question is the one on my Malcolm's Revenge disc.
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

Finished Zak McKracken (FM-Towns) using 0.12pre 24.07.2008
on Windows Vista 32Bit - No errors encountered

Vorph
maximus

Post by maximus »

finished Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/English) on 0.13.0svn (built around 25-Jul-08) running on Ubuntu 8.10 ... no issues.
clem

Post by clem »

maximus wrote:finished Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/English) on 0.13.0svn (built around 25-Jul-08) running on Ubuntu 8.10 ... no issues.
Thanks, I'll add it... however you should test using 0.12.0pre and not using 0.13.0 (you need to check out branch-0-12-0 instead of trunk)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Vorph wrote:Finished Zak McKracken (FM-Towns)
Did you use the English or Japanese version?