Drascula wants to take over the world!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kawickboy

Post by kawickboy »

i resolved it: as i'm using dual-boot linux/windows, i put files on a common fat32 drive. i put them on a ext3 directory => it runs.
it seems linux had difficulties to read scumm games on a fat32 drive.
kawickboy

Post by kawickboy »

a bug from the game or from scummvm : in the french-text drascula the symbols "é", "ê" and "ç" are missing sometimes.
Last edited by kawickboy on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Javi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Javi-Wan Kenobi »

I can't exit from the inventory!
Well, I've managed to exit (and I still don't know how) when I have no item selected, but when I have some item selected it's simply impossible.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Javi-Wan Kenobi: the same is happening to me, I have just submit a bug report about it
Javi-Wan Kenobi

For the record: I'm using the same 0.12.0pre SVN build and the spanish Drascula version under Win Vista.
Javi-Wan Kenobi

When you talk to the blind man, the first thing you say is wrong. "Es una de las picas de la verja". It's what you are supposed to say when you look at the spear of the fence.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I noticed the fence spike thing a while back, however it doesnt always happen, much like the inventory bug for me, It only occurs sometimes. also the walking/talking sprite bug reported occurs in the original engine. Its probably to do with how the sprites are drawn.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

When I right-click the inventory opens and
closes immediately.
I can´t make the inventory screen dissapear and keep
hold of the object

I´m using wince ipaq1945 scummVm 0.13
fac

Post by fac »

Alcachofa Soft has now a on-line shop (in Spanish).
The link is: http://www.alcachofashop.com/

Besides their latest game (The Abbey) we can also find Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back (this one is free of course). Besides the game they also have a package with some extras, that is not available in ScummVM website.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

By the way - is it normal that some of the speech is still Spanish? And the same for some of the written text, even in the located versions?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I've reported that as a bug but I'm told it's normal.
Drascula maybe a half decent game in Spanish but the localisation is one of the worst I've seen.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Is it just me or is the Drascula CD audio a bit odd? Nearly every track sounds like it glitches briefly at the beginning. Is this normal, or were they ripped a bit poorly from the CD? Were they dumped with EAC or another tool?
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

So can no-one confirm the audio quality on the original CD for moi?
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Well, I currently see a lone copy of the game on Amazon UK. Thing is, it's 25 squid, and I don't know if I can take the risk with that much money when the original CD could have just as bad audio. Hmmmm.

So it would be really swell if somebody - anybody - can totally confirm whether the game's music was always poorly mastered to begin with.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

marzipan wrote:Well, I currently see a lone copy of the game on Amazon UK. Thing is, it's 25 squid, and I don't know if I can take the risk with that much money when the original CD could have just as bad audio. Hmmmm.

So it would be really swell if somebody - anybody - can totally confirm whether the game's music was always poorly mastered to begin with.
I have one of the originals CDs with the game (english version) and ripped the tracks myself.

I canNOT confirm bad quality on the tracks, especially at the beginning (there IS a *very* slight and low volumed click when a new track starts, but not knowing and waiting for it doesn't really make it audible in the first place)

So, my advice would be, either get better music tracks (i ripped mine as FLAC and the sound crystal clear) or spend the 25 and get the game (although in my humble opinion, it might be not worth it for this game)