Drascula wants to take over the world!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Okay, I already installed Drascula on my hard drive some time ago, downloaded the daily build today, downloaded the drascula.dat into the Drascula folder and ripped the CD Audio as Ogg Vorbis files and followed the track*.ogg naming convention.

But ScummVM still doesn't want to add the game.

I'm not sure why. Does it make problems when I have additionally another version of ScummVM installed!? I guess that it's not a problem when the CD audio wasn't ripped exactly (the first track has a clicking noise at the beginning), but I'm grasping at straws here...

Whatever, here's the content of my Drascula folder. Sorry that it is so long!! I don't see where a problem might be...
10.05.2008 02:56 1.925 14.ALD
Edit by md5: we only need the details of 14.ald, snipped the rest of the files and the *.ogg audio tracks
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

ScummVM should report the MD5 of file 14.ald

Your file is 1925 bytes long, it should be 1595 bytes in the English version. Which version is this?
Also, you can just use packet.001 from the original game CD instead, there's no need to install the game and have all these files unpacked :)

Btw, I snipped your file list ;)
nasilspray

Post by nasilspray »

question from a noob:

i got the game up and running, but i still have to have the cd in to get the audio n such. is there any way for me rip the audio and get it to play from the hardrive? i apologize if this is an easy task, but i have no idea what to do. thanks.

for example, the post talking bout ogg vorbis, i have no idea how he did that
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

If you're using Windows, you can do it easily with Windows Media Player, via its "Rip" tab.

There are several guides on how to do that, e.g.:
http://portables.about.com/od/mp3player ... DWMP10.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... fault.aspx
There's even a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7YWW92Nn9o
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Well, you could use Exact Audio Copy to rip the tracks to MP3s or OGGs or whatevers.
I used Audiograbber because it is easier to use.
You might have to rename every single track so. It is possible to create a custom name an make something like "track%3" (the %3 stands for the track number). You still would have to rename every single track, though, since the audio tracks start at track 2 while ScummVM starts counting at 1.

Edit: Ah, md5 beat me to it!

Okay, what version do I have, you ask? Well it is this one. I thought there was only one english version!? I'm confused, too!
ScummVM doesn't report anything, it just says "ScummVM couldn't find any game in the specified directory!".
Or does it write errors in a log file!?
Well, I downloaded MD5 Checker and created this checksum: EECEDF3158469D34A49191A1E7C97677
Last edited by Ozzie on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

@Ozzie: Strange, that version is different from the one you have. What languages does your version have?
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I just edited my previous post again.
I can only install the english version. Install.ini has a language variable, but I can't change the language during install so I doubt it is useful.
Also, there would have to be other files for other languages or the one packet file would have to be much bigger (it is 32.847.563 Bytes). I have Packet.002 and Packet.003 on the CD, but they are so small that they surely don't contain another language version.

So, only english.
But, IT WORKS when I use the packet.001 file!!
Yippey!!
So far it looks good.

I only have one unrelated question: why can't I toggle fullscreen using alt+enter? I know that it worked in some previous version (some time ago), but why doesn't it anymore?

Anyway, great work so far, thanks!!! :D

Edit: Hm, is it normal that I can't adjust the volume with the menu that appears when I press F9? :?:
Edit2: Okay, I encountered some other bugs, so I will report something now. :)
nasilspray

Post by nasilspray »

@ozzie, i have the same thing with the 3 packets, and when i took the two smaller packets out i lost SCUMMVM's recognition of the other languages. so yeah id say the other packets have the other languages.

follow up on previous question:

windows media player wouldnt recognize music files.

the exact audio program found em and im ripping em now. should i just make a new folder called music or something? where do i put the renamed music files?

or is there something i need to edit in the packet so that it looks for the music on my harddrive and not on the cd?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

It's normal for packet.002 and packet.003 to be so small, they only have the changed files for the German and French versions.

It's strange that Windows Media Player didn't recognize the music files, but since Exact Audio Copy works for you, that's fine :) Just rip the game's audio tracks like "track01.mp3", "track02.mp3" and so on and place them in the game's folder

Normally, the audio tracks should work straight off the CD as well, but it's recommended that you rip them to MP3/OGG/FLAC audio files, to avoid stuttering in-game.

As for the issue you're having with the game's volume, please file a bug report to our bugtracker
nasilspray

Post by nasilspray »

problem solved! i had to rename the music tracks specifically "track01, track02, etc." i had them as simply 01, 02. so if this is not normal, take note. if its the norm and im ridiculous, so be it!
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Had a friend dump a box of all his old computer stuff on me tonight, so I now have two copies of Quarantine 2: Road Warrior amongst other things, including an unscathed copy of Drascula, he bought it for his kids who subsequently decided they didn't want to even touch it (spoilt brats but I shouldn't complain it's their loss) so I'm now laughing my head off at them and enjoying the CD tracks which some of put me in mind of the Monster Mash. Going to enjoy this one if the game is as entertaining as the music.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ceri Cat wrote:so I'm now laughing my head off at them and enjoying the CD tracks which some of put me in mind of the Monster Mash.
You mean this one?
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Ceri Cat wrote:so I'm now laughing my head off at them and enjoying the CD tracks which some of put me in mind of the Monster Mash.
You mean this one?
Yep, when I was a little kid ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) had the music video on most mornings it seemed. Is there another besides Bobby Picket's?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ceri Cat wrote: Yep, when I was a little kid ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) had the music video on most mornings it seemed. Is there another besides Bobby Picket's?
I have no idea. I hadn't heard the song until I stumbled on that video some time ago.

Hmmm... Wikipedia has an article about it, that I'm too tired to read right now.
kawickboy

Post by kawickboy »

Okay, I already installed Drascula on my hard drive some time ago, downloaded the daily build today, downloaded the drascula.dat into the Drascula folder and ripped the CD Audio as Ogg Vorbis files and followed the track*.ogg naming convention.
But ScummVM still doesn't want to add the game.
Hello, i have exactly the same problem. I tried my cd version (the same english one as pictured on mobygames) with packet.001,..., packet.003 and i put track*.ogg and drascula.dat file in the same directory.
I have no problem with monkey island 1+2+3 at all.
I'm using kubuntu linux with you latest .dev release. thanks