Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lostech

Post by Lostech »

OK, here is a static build of today´s SVN with Tinsel (for Discworld) and all other engines expect Cruise:
http://rapidshare.com/files/133786790/S ... 1.ZIP.html

All other infos on this build are the same as above for the plugin build.
fcyron

Post by fcyron »

YEAHHH! That did it :) It works perfectly (now ScummVM finds all games and plays them correctly).

Thanks again!
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Hmm, seems that the WinCE plugin version makes somewhere trouble on WM6.1 since all other configure options for the build are identical to the static build. I think I will submit a bug report later.
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Can anyone upload the latest svn compiled for mac intel?
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

fraludio wrote:Can anyone upload the latest svn compiled for mac intel?
Oh Yeah !! :lol:
-
and pleeeease: check it's compatibility with 10.4.x 'Tiger' on Intel :wink:

8) . . . . :?
:? . . . . coming soon .. :)
:shock:
:roll:
Last edited by kosuan on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aVoc

Post by aVoc »

fraludio wrote:Can anyone upload the latest svn compiled for mac intel?
here is my own compilation of latest sources of scummvm (0.13) with working Discworld, now mac users can test :D
http://157.158.191.235/~avoc/scummvm/
compiled and working well on leopard (10.5.4) dunno if will work on other versions of osx.

There is sdl bug that i don't know how to fix after run bin file it will be error message about sdl-1.2.0.dylib image, something like this:

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_libsdl/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/scummvm
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

you can find that image here http://http://157.158.191.235/~avoc/scu ... 2.0-dylib/
just make dir which is in error message and copy that image there scummvm bin should work.

cheers :D
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You are not static-linking SDL, hence the errors. To fix it, you must use the static compiled version of SDL, not the dynamic one. The "bundle" target in the ScummVM Makefile tries to do that automatically, but works only with SDL installed via FInk by default. To get it to work with SDL installed in other locations, override the OSXOPT variable, which defaults to /sw, e.g. like this:

OSXOPT=/opt/local ./configure
chas-g

Post by chas-g »

I'm guessing that patches won't be needed for Discworld 1 & 2 when playing through ScumVM ? And does that apply to any game played through ScummVM ?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

chas-g wrote:I'm guessing that patches won't be needed for Discworld 1 & 2 when playing through ScumVM ? And does that apply to any game played through ScummVM ?
Depends on what the patches do. If it's just patch the sound code or some other part of the executable, then no. But if it patch the game data files, like a game script, then yes.
meist3r

Post by meist3r »

Freddo wrote:
chas-g wrote:I'm guessing that patches won't be needed for Discworld 1 & 2 when playing through ScumVM ? And does that apply to any game played through ScummVM ?
Depends on what the patches do. If it's just patch the sound code or some other part of the executable, then no. But if it patch the game data files, like a game script, then yes.
I don't even think you would need them for the game scripts, the dev team usually checks for all that stuff and does it through the re-implementation. I never needed to install any patch for the ScummVM games since they usually include all the necessary changes and even specific workarounds for patched bugs. When there finally is a freeware version of Discworld (1) those will be "patched" files for sure.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

For now, Tinsel in ScummVM does not attempt to work around *any* of the issues those game script patches address. And it is not yet clear whether we will attempt that, for various reasons. In particular, if we do manage to get DW freewared, then of course we'd make a fully patched version available. So no reason to bother in implementing hot fixes.

So for now, you should make sure you have the latest game script patches installed. We'll let you know if this ever changes.
TheNine

Discworld Playthru

Post by TheNine »

Attempted to clock discworld using scummvm on a G3 iMac. Plays well until the cutscene before actIII where it freezes with the music still playing. Couldn't load last save game without it crashing so gave up. Anyone else have the same issues?
kosuan

Re: Discworld Playthru

Post by kosuan »

TheNine wrote:Attempted to clock discworld using scummvm on a G3 iMac. Plays well until the cutscene before actIII where it freezes with the music still playing. Couldn't load last save game without it crashing so gave up. Anyone else have the same issues?
Hi,

i couldn't start scummVM on my Intelmini.
Which OS do you use ??
gtust

Post by gtust »

Doesn't work on my Intel Mac nor my PowerPC Mac. :(
TheNine

Post by TheNine »

OS X 10.4.11 (PPC)