Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

noize

Post by noize »

theneb wrote:Hi all, good to see there is some updates to this (even though it's slow progress).
What do you mean some updates?
Iago

Post by Iago »

I check here all the time to see if there is any news, it would just be amazingly awesome to have the bad boys in ScummVM.
TheMitch

Post by TheMitch »

You can play discworld using the following methods in these torrents. Now Keep in mind downloading the game content is illegal. But you can use their instructions/methods to run the game until scumm supports it. Or if they do for that matter.

Please keep in mind i'm not advocating piracy here. Just trying to help somoeone enjoy a classic adventure game

<knakos: snip snip>
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

TheMitch wrote:Please keep in mind i'm not advocating piracy here. Just trying to help somoeone enjoy a classic adventure game
What are you saying, that it's OK to post torrents to illegaly obtain software as long you'te enjoying this classic game?

FORUM RULE #0
TheMitch

Post by TheMitch »

knakos wrote:
FORUM RULE #0
Negative, Was suggesting he could use the methods provided in the help/instruction files on those links. Either way its been removed.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

I do not agree; If you want to post instructions on how to use VDMSound or DosBox you can do that, but you cannot post links to illegal software in this forum as is explained in the forum rules, RIGHT ON THE TOP.
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

I am very hopeful about Discworld I and II being playable with this great new ScummVM engine, I am a new joiner here but have appreciated the great work done for some of the very best classics and am just now learning about it all, juest wanted to say how much I would love to see DW I and II with the great titles you already let us play. Much appreciated and I will keep an eagle eye here. :wink: :D
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

I notice that the wiki now has a date of August 31 in regards to the last update.

I guess there's no developer's office somewhere on whose door we might knock and volunteer our services to locate the code? :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Jorpho wrote:I notice that the wiki now has a date of August 31 in regards to the last update.

I guess there's no developer's office somewhere on whose door we might knock and volunteer our services to locate the code? :)
I put that date of August 31 just to make an update. ScummVM's contact is a third-party who knows the one with the source code.
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

I love these games. I wanna play Discworld in Scummvm!!!
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

weirdzod wrote:I love these games. I wanna play Discworld in Scummvm!!!
Me too! Wanna play! Wanna play! :)
magnus80a

Post by magnus80a »

The game is as far as I know playable in DOSBox. Unless you have a very slow computer just use that instead until the scumm-team finishes the work.
noize

Post by noize »

magnus80a wrote:just use that instead until the scumm-team finishes the work.
Or better: Help them out!
magnus80a

Post by magnus80a »

noize wrote:
magnus80a wrote:just use that instead until the scumm-team finishes the work.
Or better: Help them out!
I've been thinking about doing just that, but after reading another thread explaining reverseengineering etc. I backed out. I think I'll just end up wasting the devs time and now it looks like my own free time is decreasing :?
simpsonmatrix

Post by simpsonmatrix »

You don't have a copy of the source, yet? (What is the problem?)

There are something that the normal people (like me) can do? (email to someone, ...)

Thanks