Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

01/08/2006: what's the situation captain?

and

can i donate four of my AK-47s for your loving organization?
Mim

Post by Mim »

cpt. wesker wrote:Can i donate four of my AK-47s for your loving organization?
You mean the assault rifles? You should donate them. They will be probably needed to get the Discworld source code. :)
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

01/??/2006 (lost track of time waiting for this): what's the situation captain? i know you're trying to be polite with those ex-perfect entertainment, psygnosis guys or whatever, but it would be nice to pressure them just a little, in a amount that won't hurt, pretty please
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Unfortunately, I don't have direct contact with the guy who actually has the code, so it's hard to apply more pressure without being very rude to the intermediary :)
Mim

Post by Mim »

Ender wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have direct contact with the guy who actually has the code, so it's hard to apply more pressure without being very rude to the intermediary :)
Thanks for the info. So all polite methods seem to be exhausted and very rude approach (like AK-47 :D ) is probably not an option for affable and peaceful ScummVM developers. But would not be possible and helpful to get direct contact with the guy who has the code?
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Mim wrote:Thanks for the info. So all polite methods seem to be exhausted and very rude approach (like AK-47 :D ) is probably not an option for affable and peaceful ScummVM developers. But would not be possible and helpful to get direct contact with the guy who has the code?
Apparently not. And there would be no point in being rude to the guy in the middle of it all, he's doing the best. The guy with the code just isn't very responsive.
Mim

Post by Mim »

OK. I hope that this story will have happy ending, the Discworld games would be a superb addition to ScummVM.
Protarios

Post by Protarios »

Any news on this topic?
BananaJones

Post by BananaJones »

that fact that we already had negotiations with Pratchett
What? Terry Pratchett said "you may support the games"?
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

BananaJones wrote:
that fact that we already had negotiations with Pratchett
What? Terry Pratchett said "you may support the games"?
He got Death to do it.

"YOU MAY SUPPORT THE GAMES."
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

there is no hope for this project :arrow: NO HOPE!!!
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

cpt. wesker wrote:there is no hope for this project :arrow: NO HOPE!!!
Why do you say that? It's not as if the world is going to end if we don't receive the source code. I would love to see Discworld supported but I still have many of the other games that are supported to finish first.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Just show some patience. Personally, I'd be happy to see these supported, but if I have to wait another year to get that, I'll still survive :-).
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Jimbob wrote:
cpt. wesker wrote:there is no hope for this project :arrow: NO HOPE!!!
Why do you say that? It's not as if the world is going to end if we don't receive the source code.
OMG! OMG! The world end is near! The apocalypse will start soon if we don't get the source code!!!!11 Armageddon is near! Run, folks, RUN!!!111one
(Just kidding! :wink: )

It would be great if Discworld will be supported some time, but I can wait. Just be patient.
theneb

Post by theneb »

Hi all, good to see there is some updates to this (even though it's slow progress).
Anyone contracted discworldmonthly?

I'd really like to see discworld go the way BASS has (hopefully with the free to play), as if I hadn't played the games when younger, I wouldn't of picked up the discworld books years later. Hence I wouldn't be reading fiction. ;)

Pratchett's 'Going Postal' was supurb. :D
It'll be nice if Pratchett signed off another game contract, with his new very strong character 'Moist Von Liwich' (hope I've spelt that right) and the Hogfarther film this year it would be good to have some kind of newer game.
Just look at how simon the sorcerer 4 looks.