Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

fraludio wrote: The thing is discworld doesn't work. I try to add it and it says "scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory".
It wouldn't, the version is a 0.12 prerelease (I posted the link in response to someone saying testing builds hadn't been available for some time). I'm a bit hesitant to publish 0.13 SVN snapshots until 0.12 is released :).
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Vinterstum wrote:
fraludio wrote: The thing is discworld doesn't work. I try to add it and it says "scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory".
It wouldn't, the version is a 0.12 prerelease (I posted the link in response to someone saying testing builds hadn't been available for some time). I'm a bit hesitant to publish 0.13 SVN snapshots until 0.12 is released :).
Ah thanks, i don't know why i thought it was a svn with tinsel activated.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Vinterstum wrote:
kosuan wrote: Ah - i would be glad if it was so easy to find ..... :)

i know about this, but it doesn't start on my Intel Macmini 10.4.9. :cry:
Hmm... what happens, exactly? You click on the icon, but nothing appears? Could you open the Console (under Accessories somewhere) and see if any error messages appear?
Hallo,

here is the report from console and the scummvm.crashlog

===== Mittwoch, 13. August 2008 16:02 Uhr Europe/Berlin =====
dyld: Symbol not found: _NSDefaultRunLoopMode
Referenced from: /Users/myusername/Desktop/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation

Aug 13 16:02:23 myusername-Computer crashdump[349]: scummvm crashed
Aug 13 16:02:23 myusername-Computer crashdump[349]: crash report written to: /Users/myusername/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/scummvm.crash.log

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _NSDefaultRunLoopMode
Referenced from: /Users/myusername/Desktop/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation

edit: it's the same with the today's SVN

edit: this universal-build.3 now is working fine - :wink:
teflon067

Post by teflon067 »

Now that 0.12 is official, how long will it be before we'll see 0.13 SVN snapshots with Tinsel enabled?

I've been wanting to test Discworld out, but the process of compiling the SVN on my own is a bit beyond me at the moment.

-EDIT-
Nevermind, I should have checked the current SVN before posting.
meist3r

Post by meist3r »

teflon067 wrote:I've been wanting to test Discworld out, but the process of compiling the SVN on my own is a bit beyond me at the moment.
What OS are you using? For Linux it's really easy to compile. Don't know about the other ones though.
teflon067

Post by teflon067 »

meist3r wrote:What OS are you using? For Linux it's really easy to compile. Don't know about the other ones though.
I'm running Vista Business.
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

Hi guys. just thought i would post my latest Windows ScummVM SVN builds with discworld support here (only tested on WinXP)
You can get it from the link below. its just a compiled version of Scummvm Rev34285 with SDL built in.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=60b4 ... bf69cdf1b0

also please remember this is just my build of the latest SVN and NOT an offical release in any state or form. it was built with Visual Studio 2008 and i have no idea if it works on other versions of windows other than XP (would appreciate it though if someone could tell me if it does)

Also there are 2 files at the link. The one most people will proberly want is the bottom file of the 2. The first file is the latest SVN of the gsoc2008-gui version and the bottom file is just normal scummvm. both have support for discworld so it doesnt really matter which one you chose.
clem

Post by clem »

ddkram wrote:Hi guys. just thought i would post my latest Windows ScummVM SVN builds with discworld support here (only tested on WinXP)
Thanks; however the SVN Win32 build from the downloads page also includes the Discworld Tinsel Engine. So I guess the only difference is the second build with the gsoc gui changes?

edit: changed wording, didn't want to imply that DW is "supported"
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

ah i didnt realize the daily build had discworld support yet (my own fault for not looking). Yea i suppose the only changes are that i built a gsoc gui version and that SDL is built in (so the sdl.dll isnt needed and my EXE is also packed to make it smaller) but appart from that its proberly the same.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

The SVN build doesn't have it enabled though does it? According to the changelog it says:

Engines (builtin):
SCUMM [all games]
AGI
AGOS
Cinematique evo 1
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back
Gobli*ns
Legend of Kyrandia
Lure of the Temptress
Parallaction
Flight of the Amazon Queen
SAGA
Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword 1 (without mpeg2 cutscenes)
Broken Sword 2 (without mpeg2 cutscenes)
Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Engines Skipped:
Cinematique evo 2
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
M4/MADS
MADE
Tinsel

So (short of changing the config file and recompiling the code) it is inaccessible in the compiled SVN, correct?

edit: maybe I'm reading it wrong. I haven't had a chance to d/l it and try it yet, but i'm also noticing that it says:

Checking for Ogg Vorbis... no
Checking for Tremor... no
Checking for FLAC >= 1.0.1... no
Checking for MAD... no
Checking for ALSA >= 0.9... no
Checking for zlib... no
Checking for libmpeg2 >= 0.3.2... no
Checking for libfluidsynth... no
Checking for nasm... not found

And I find it hard to believe it would be compiled without ogg, flac, etc support.

I don't have a lot of experience compiling (I basically just followed a step-by-step guide to try out DW a few weeks ago, but I know using that method it actually says yes to all those things.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

The configure script can be configured to enable also the skipped engines.
See

Code: Select all

./configure --help
for help which options are available.
For example to enable the Tinsel (Discworld) engine configure with:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-tinsel
If libraries etc. are not found than your compiling environment does not have these libraries installed or on the other hand if you have precompiled libraries you can add their pathes to the configure script so that they can be found

You should also have a look in the wiki how to compile the different ports.
clem

Post by clem »

The windows SVN builds come with all engines enabled. The reason why SVN builds until the release of 0.12.0 did not include Tinsel was that during release testing the builds were made from the 0.12.0 branch, in which Tinsel didn't exist yet.

The "About" dialog of the GUI lists which engines are compiled in.
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Can anyone upload a intel mac tinsel enabled svn?
clem

Post by clem »

fraludio wrote:Can anyone upload a intel mac tinsel enabled svn?
The downloads page links to http://worldsmainorganization.org/scummvm/ for Mac SVN builds - lacking a Mac I can't check if Tinsel is in there, maybe you can give it a shot?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

fraludio wrote:Can anyone upload a intel mac tinsel enabled svn?
The ones Clem linked should have Tinsel enabled.