Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Aha ! ! :D

now it seems it's only meant for G3 imacs :lol:
- 'cause it works on my G3 machine 500 MHz PPC 10.3.9. too ...
At least so far that it starts and launches BS 1 - more i don't know yet ....
8)
TheNine

OS X PPC Build

Post by TheNine »

Here is a copy of my SVN build for testing. Compiled on iMac G3 450 running 10.4.11

http://myyo.co.uk/ScummVM.zip
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Hi,
thanks for posting this one .... :)

On Intel-Macmini i can run DW now, but to save the game causes crashes. hm..

On the G3 iMac i cannot choose an folder - don't know why - :?
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I find it funny that more people are concerned about compiling and running SVN builds simply for Tinsel than testing the upcoming release.

And no - that is not veiled criticism or anything - just recognition of what a big deal this is to scummvm followers.
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

scoriae wrote:I find it funny that more people are concerned about compiling and running SVN builds simply for Tinsel than testing the upcoming release.

And no - that is not veiled criticism or anything - just recognition of what a big deal this is to scummvm followers.
Well, yes, they do, because they care more about Discworld than the games currently needed to be tested. No one can blame them, and what they do doesn't go to waste, because by testing SVN versions with Tinsel they're already doing some work for the 0.13 release.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

scoriae wrote:I find it funny that more people are concerned about compiling and running SVN builds simply for Tinsel than testing the upcoming release.

Well, I have not counted how many people are testing .... and would not call myself a 'scummVM - follower.
I'm just a simple, innocent Mac-user 8) who has not found an functioning SVN build here since May 24th.
So testing is out of question for me ... :?
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

kosuan wrote:

Well, I have not counted how many people are testing .... and would not call myself a 'scummVM - follower.
I'm just a simple, innocent Mac-user 8) who has not found an functioning SVN build here since May 24th.
Actually, using an in-dev version and reporting the problems you may encounter here is kinda doing tests. :D
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

ok, I will continue testing . . . . . :roll:
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

kosuan wrote:

http://worldsmainorganization.org/scumm ... macosx.dmg
Last edited by Vinterstum on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Ah - i would be glad if it was so easy to find ..... :)

i know about this, but it doesn't start on my Intel Macmini 10.4.9. :cry:
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Is it compiled to powerpc cpu's? It runs MUCH slower than the official version, as if it were using rosetta.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

kosuan wrote: Ah - i would be glad if it was so easy to find ..... :)

i know about this, but it doesn't start on my Intel Macmini 10.4.9. :cry:
Hmm... what happens, exactly? You click on the icon, but nothing appears? Could you open the Console (under Accessories somewhere) and see if any error messages appear?
fraludio wrote: Is it compiled to powerpc cpu's? It runs MUCH slower than the official version, as if it were using rosetta.
It's an universal binary, and compiled exactly the same way as the official version (I compile both :) ). The only difference is that this one is compiled on 10.5 (using the 10.4 SDK), whereas ScummVM 0.11 was compiled directly on 10.4.

What is slow, exactly? Specific games? What kind of machine are you running on?
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Vinterstum wrote: What is slow, exactly?
Starting scummvm is much slower than starting the official version (10 times slower) and it taxes the cpu much more doing the same.
Vinterstum wrote: Specific games?
Monkey Island 1 and 2, Indy atlantis, and others. It's slow even in the game select menu.
Vinterstum wrote: What kind of machine are you running on?
Macbook Penryn Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

fraludio wrote: Macbook Penryn Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM.
I guess this thread is totally inappropriate for this :).

Could you please send me a PM with your OS version, and also hit Apple-I with ScummVM.app selected and make sure it's listed as an Universal binary, and that "Run with Rosetta" is not selected?
fraludio

Post by fraludio »

Vinterstum wrote:
fraludio wrote: Macbook Penryn Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM.
I guess this thread is totally inappropriate for this :).

Could you please send me a PM with your OS version, and also hit Apple-I with ScummVM.app selected and make sure it's listed as an Universal binary, and that "Run with Rosetta" is not selected?
It works fine now, so i don't know what was happening then.

The thing is discworld doesn't work. I try to add it and it says "scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory".

My folder is full of .gra files and some others, so i don't know what's wrong, because that same directory is a direct copy of my old pc which played discworld fine.