Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Will Discworld support the files from glidem's Music Enhancement Project right away, or will that be implemented at a later stage?
heruan

Post by heruan »

arkhan69 wrote:
heruan wrote:I have the Italian version of Discworld, and no *.smp files nor *.scn, only .gra. Hence the game is not recognized :(
Strange...
I have a european version with french, german, itlian and spanish languages and these files exist. At first, the game couldn't be loaded because apparently it checks if the file "english.txt" exists. I just had to rename the french.txt into english.txt and it went well.
These are the files I have:

Code: Select all

act1.gra      cellar.gra    cutrooft.gra  dungeon.gra   holretro.gra  midi.dat      pastankh.gra  perfect1.gra  sunset.gra
act2.gra      citygate.gra  cuttempl.gra  dunnyman.gra  index         mineent.gra   pastbar.gra   psygnosi.gra  temple.gra
act3.gra      claws1.gra    cutthron.gra  dwb.exe       inn.gra       mine.gra      pastcath.gra  pub.gra       thief.gra
act4.gra      claws2.gra    cuttoile.gra  dw.gra        innroom.gra   mirror.gra    pastcity.gra  ramkin.gra    throne.gra
alley.gra     climax.gra    deathdun.gra  dwu.exe       introarc.gra  missile.gra   pastensu.gra  rear.gra      title.gra
alshop.gra    closet.gra    deathfis.gra  endgame.gra   introhid.gra  monk1.gra     pastfish.gra  receptio.gra  toilet.gra
altar.gra     closeup.gra   deathfoo.gra  english.idx   introsha.gra  monk2b.gra    pasthide.gra  retro.gra     toyshop.gra
ankhmap.gra   config.bat    deathroo.gra  english.txt   introtur.gra  monk2.gra     pastinn.gra   rinceroo.gra  turtle2.gra
arch.gra      credits.gra   deathsha.gra  ensuite.gra   introuni.gra  monk3.gra     pastinnr.gra  rm.drv        turtle.gra
atuin.gra     cutalley.gra  deaththi.gra  finale.gra    italian.txt   monk4.gra     pastlibr.gra  rockroll.gra  twg.gra
barber.gra    cutalsho.gra  detector.gra  fishmong.gra  kitchen.gra   monk5.gra     pastmonk.gra  rooftops.gra  unigard.gra
bar.gra       cutankhm.gra  dining.gra    fool.gra      leggimi.txt   monkcorn.gra  pastpark.gra  shades.gra    unseen.gra
barn.gra      cutbar.gra    disc.bat      french.txt    library.gra   mountpas.gra  pastpub.gra   sheep.gra     witch.gra
bogus.gra     cutbarn.gra   discmap.gra   german.txt    livery.gra    mystwood.gra  pastshad.gra  space.gra     worldedg.gra
book.gra      cuthideo.gra  donkcart.gra  gorge.gra     lspace.gra    objects.gra   paststre.gra  spanish.txt
brethren.gra  cutmonkc.gra  dragcage.gra  hat.gra       lwood.gra     overedge.gra  pastthie.gra  spire.gra
camera.gra    cutpalen.gra  dragon.gra    hideout.gra   magbook.gra   palent.gra    pasttoil.gra  square.gra
cathouse.gra  cutpub.gra    drivers       holrecep.gra  mambo.gra     park.gra      pavement.gra  street.gra
and my ScummVM version (on Linux, compiled with `make deb'):

$ scummvm -v
Using configuration file: /home/giovanni/.scummvmrc
ScummVM 0.13.0svn (Jul 26 2008 23:55:00)
Features compiled in: Vorbis FLAC MP3 ALSA zLib MPEG2 FluidSynth 
When I try to add the game, selecting the directory where those files are stored, I get: "Scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory!"
Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe my CD-ROM is crappy :/
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Are you sure you compiled with --enable-tinsel?
meist3r

Post by meist3r »

joostp wrote:Are you sure you compiled with --enable-tinsel?
For those who don't know how to use CLI flags under Linux properly yet (like me):

In the "configure" script did you change the line (in my file its 103)?

add_engine tinsel "Tinsel" no
to

add_engine tinsel "Tinsel" yes

At least that's how I do it before I compile ScummVM through the regular unflagged make.

./configure
make
./scummvm
Last edited by meist3r on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

For those who want to compile the WinCE target add:

ENABLE_TINSEL = STATIC_PLUGIN
or for a plugin version:

ENABLE_TINSEL = DYNAMIC_PLUGIN
in the makefile which can be found in folder /backends/platform/wince.
heruan

Post by heruan »

joostp wrote:Are you sure you compiled with --enable-tinsel?
D'oh! I'm sure I did NOT compiled with --enable-tinsel. I added --enable-tinsel to the ./configure row in debian/rules, then compiled with `make deb' but it didn't work. So I compiled manually and the game was recognized, but when I try to start it:

Your game version appears to be unknown. Please, report the following
data to the ScummVM team along with name of the game you tried to add
and its version/language/etc.:
  "english.smp", "009de30f6510e545ad69c8bcb088e713", 235378748

User picked target 'dw' (gameid 'tinsel')...
  Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Tinsel Engine
  Starting 'Tinsel engine game'
Your game version appears to be unknown. Please, report the following
data to the ScummVM team along with name of the game you tried to add
and its version/language/etc.:
  "dw.gra", "c8808ccd988d603dd35dff42013ae7fd", 781656

WARNING: Tinsel Engine failed to instantiate engine: Unable to locate game data (target 'dw', path '/home/giovanni/games/scumm/Discworld/')!
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

ok noticed a small bug which i am pretty sure doesnt happen on the original (i ran the game with VDMSound and it didnt happen so i am guessing its a new bug)
When in the dinning room at the unseen univsersity at the beginning of the game there is the man with a staff sitting at his chair firing off magic with his staff. If you look at the dragon that explodes on the table and listen for the whole sequence (without skipping) the mans staff goes blurry (as shown in the picture below) this isnt really a problem. its just a small bug i noticed and thought i should post it here. (also i am aware the dragon doesnt explode if you skip the dialog but this also happens on the original so i didnt class it as a bug)

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... earcm6.jpg

also if this picture isnt enough i can capture it in a AVI video and upload it somwhere.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ddkram wrote:the mans staff goes blurry (as shown in the picture below)
Actually, I don't see the staff at all in that picture, but I couldn't see any difference between ScummVM and DOSbox in that scene. Maybe I did it wrong. (I'm using the English version of the game with .scn files rather than .gra files.)
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

i am also using the english version with .scn files. here is a video showing exactly what i mean. just keep your eyes on the staff. at first it looks normal and then just after the dialog about the dragon carcus finishes it disappears (sorry i cut sound out of the video but i wanted to make it as small as possible)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ahdmme4kt5o

its a AVI video encoded with Xvid.
manias

Post by manias »

ddkram wrote:i am also using the english version with .scn files. here is a video showing exactly what i mean. just keep your eyes on the staff. at first it looks normal and then just after the dialog about the dragon carcus finishes it disappears (sorry i cut sound out of the video but i wanted to make it as small as possible)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ahdmme4kt5o

its a AVI video encoded with Xvid.
did you compare it to dosbox? I remember there were a few of these types of bugs in the original game in DOS :)
-edit- hm you compared with vdmsound so I suppose it's new?
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

ok found some kind of new weird error.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... savhx9.jpg

this happens when i try to save or load a game in the unseen uni in act2 and only when when i have that 13 saves (weird i know but if i have more saves or less saves this error doesnt happen and it also only happens in unseen uni)
this can easily be fixed by either just saving somwhere else or deleting older saves but i thought this error was worth posting here. also if you want to try to recreate this error try doing the following.

In your scummvm folder move all your saves to a different folder. Then download my saves from here and extract them to your scummvm folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?xmimyydgizz
after extracting open scummvm then load the save called
"save10 - collecting gold items" and from there just exit the "store room" where the game loads then when in the main hall bring up the games menu then click LOAD GAME and the game should crash (it happens to me no matter what settings i am using and on both of my PC's)
TheNine

mac osx

Post by TheNine »

Just thought I'd let you know I've managed to compile Scummvm with Tinsel on a G3 iMac and Discworld is running wonderfully! Took about an hour to compile but its been worth it after waiting so long! One love! x :D :D :D
TheNine

osx port with Tinsel

Post by TheNine »

I'll upload a redist when I can be bothered. 'make bundle' worked a treat but not sure if the 'scummvm.app' will have any dependeny issues. any mac experts here?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

The Mac OS X compiling page tells all.

Guys, but please, as sev has said: concentrate on release testing for now.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

ddkram wrote:ok found some kind of new weird error.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... savhx9.jpg

this happens when i try to save or load a game in the unseen uni in act2 and only when when i have that 13 saves (weird i know but if i have more saves or less saves this error doesnt happen and it also only happens in unseen uni)
this can easily be fixed by either just saving somwhere else or deleting older saves but i thought this error was worth posting here. also if you want to try to recreate this error try doing the following.

In your scummvm folder move all your saves to a different folder. Then download my saves from here and extract them to your scummvm folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?xmimyydgizz
after extracting open scummvm then load the save called
"save10 - collecting gold items" and from there just exit the "store room" where the game loads then when in the main hall bring up the games menu then click LOAD GAME and the game should crash (it happens to me no matter what settings i am using and on both of my PC's)
This should be fixed now in the latest SVN