Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Nope, the guy just sells a lot of hard to find games. The discworld pack was just one of many things I've bought from him.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

http://sev-notes.blogspot.com/2008/07/d ... -game.html :o
Way to go to everyone involved (both in the Tinsel engine and other ScummVM areas)!
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

Holy crap yes.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Excellent! :D I hope the new ScummVM build, with Discworld supported, is released before the 19th. I'll be able to play it on my psp whilst i'm on holiday. 8)
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Tim20 wrote:Excellent! :D I hope the new ScummVM build, with Discworld supported, is released before the 19th. I'll be able to play it on my psp whilst i'm on holiday. 8)
.....and i hope, the few Mac-users will also get a SVN build ??? :wink:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

kosuan wrote:
Tim20 wrote:Excellent! :D I hope the new ScummVM build, with Discworld supported, is released before the 19th. I'll be able to play it on my psp whilst i'm on holiday. 8)
.....and i hope, the few Mac-users will also get a SVN build ??? :wink:
Vinterstum has been busy with RL. If you would like I could upload a PPC build for OS X 10.4(+) somewhere. No Tinsel, just the current SVN. (This is if that's what you're hoping for :wink:).
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

clone2727 wrote:..... No Tinsel, just the current SVN. (This is if that's what you're hoping for :wink:).
hmmmm, - so i will be patiently waiting for an Intel Version & Tinsel ...:roll:

Thank you for quick reply anyway :)
meist3r

Post by meist3r »

The end is nigh ... of the wait, anyway.
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

once tinsel is functional in the svn version, i'd be happy to post an intel build if it helps people out :)

(is it ok to post unofficial builds here in the forum?)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Actually, I can post a universal build, and it would be official. No worries, folks.

Anyway, it looks like you'll have to wait till until we branch for 0.12, so that's another 7-10 days.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

So will 0.12 feature GSoC and Tinsel stuff? Or we'll have to wait for ScummVM XIII?
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

I'm hoping it's 7 days starting from today, which means it should be available next friday. Please, please, please release it next friday. :wink:
Franklinsteiner

Post by Franklinsteiner »

This is cool, I can't wait to play the game without doing the whole complicated DOSBOX set-up thing. For a start, it takes up a lot of space on my computer. To get prepared, I think I'll start reading some Discworld :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The current plan is that it will not be in 0.12. There is not enough time to perform the required testing etc. -- and the branch date for that is July 21th, Tinsel will go public on the same day or one day later. So after next friday, sorry.

Tinsel will be in 0.13, which I hope will be released in the not so distant future -- maybe even before GSoC is over. We'll see.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Franklinsteiner, thanks for the good idea. ;-) Gives me something to transfer to my phone for the wait until my GF gets down here on the 25th. And nope nothing illegal here, I actually bought the ebook collection with my phone in mind and it makes time fly at times because I can actually do something less stressful on my battery than playing games on SCUMM VM when I need to be out all day.