"Feel my wrath" ...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

"Feel my wrath" ...

Post by LordHoto »

... is on Malcolm's mind after being freed from his stony
statue. Sadly he is unable to plan his revenge on his own,
so give him a helping hand in The Legend of Kyrandia:
Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge
. It will be damn fun for
you and him!

Procedure for playing is as always: Grab your copy of
The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge
and a daily build of ScummVM. Also we ask you, our fellow
users, to report any bugs you run across to our bug tracker.
Make sure you got all required datafiles before you report
a bug though. For further information, check out the bug
submission guidelines
. We also ask for screenshots, which
should be reported to our patch tracker. For further
information about this, check out the screenshot guidelines.
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

My directory for Malcolm's Revenge doesn't seem to have the WESTWOOD.001 file, which is listed as required in the data file directory on the wiki. Will this be a problem in trying to run the game on the current SVN? Why would I be missing that file? (Running off Malcolm DOS/Windows CD, which I think is the only version there is.)

Thanks so much for working to implement these great games. I've been waiting for years to play them on ScummVM!!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

spacetroll wrote:My directory for Malcolm's Revenge doesn't seem to have the WESTWOOD.001 file, which is listed as required in the data file directory on the wiki. Will this be a problem in trying to run the game on the current SVN? Why would I be missing that file? (Running off Malcolm DOS/Windows CD, which I think is the only version there is.)
Should be in the root of your CD. If you installed the game, then you need some files from the installation instead, I didn't check out which that would be, at least I don't see any reason currently why one shouldn't want to use WESTWOOD.001 but install the game first.
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

Yup, it was in the main CD directory. I think I installed the game with DOSBox a while ago, which must be why the other files were on my comp but not Westwood.001.

Anyway, thanks -- now to play (and bug-test)!
clem

Post by clem »

Congratulations!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Very nice work, Kyrandia 2 and 3 got supported in a very short period, well done :)
MarkCoolio

Post by MarkCoolio »

Hi... first of all thanks for this wonderful game being supported now :)

I have some little problems:

First of all: I tried to copy all the needed datafiles from my CD (is this correct? or do I have to install the game on harddisk too and copy some files from there?). But 3 of the files were on it twice:

Both in subdirectory "HOF_CD" and "MALCOLM" were these 3 files with different sizes:

DOCK.PAK
FILEDATA.FDT
ANYTALK.TLK

Which of them do I have to use? From which directory?

And then: I tried to play it, first copying every single file (and supposing the above 3 files from MALCOLM are the right ones) into a single folder on my harddisk. The intro plays, but then I get an "ERROR: Couldn't load OPTIONS" after the intro.

Can u help please?

Thanks a lot
clem

Post by clem »

MarkCoolio wrote: Both in subdirectory "HOF_CD" and "MALCOLM" were these 3 files with different sizes
HOF_CD is a demo version of Hand of Fate packaged with Malcolm's Revenge - ignore that folder.

as for the options problem, no idea
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MarkCoolio wrote:And then: I tried to play it, first copying every single file (and supposing the above 3 files from MALCOLM are the right ones) into a single folder on my harddisk. The intro plays, but then I get an "ERROR: Couldn't load OPTIONS" after the intro.
Seems like you missed WESTWOOD.001
hydr0x

Post by hydr0x »

Why do we only need the *0.VQA? Can we safely delete the *1 and *2 or could they be of future use? (yes, I know I can always install the game again but my game discs are stored in the basement inside a lot of huge boxes...)

What's the difference between 1/2/3 ?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Basically the others are lower quality (higher number -> lower quality), and we don't support switchting quality selection currently. Maybe that will be supported in the future though.
MarkCoolio

Post by MarkCoolio »

Weird.. I copied the files now again (leaving directory "HOF_CD" untouched as it obviously does not belong to Malcom's Revenge) and now it works...
So I have 175 files in total. Can somebody check this?
thanks a lot anyways for helping
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Should be allright then. I got 192 files over here, but that's with all unneeded vqa files, which are exactly 17 files, so you should've gotten everything you need.

Important: Also a from now on (as in next daily snapshot) Kyrandia 3 will require kyra.dat.
KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII »

Don`t work - display this error "Invalid font data (file 8FAT.FNT)" :(
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Looks like your WESTWOOD.001 file corrupted, at least it contains 8FAT.FNT, try copying it over again. If you now could also tell what version are you using?