Can I be of some help?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ERKAN

Can I be of some help?

Post by ERKAN »

Hi I've said before that I would like to help the project by giving russian scumm quests so may I send them to you? :?
If I may, send me your e-mail please or I can put them at storing websites (like Rapidshare)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, definitely not that kind of help. We do not need illegal copies of the games. If you are willing to donate originals to some of the developers, that could be some help.

But, from the other hand, that was a bit weird. What games do you have in mind? I got most of the copies I could reach, and I was hunting them for like 5 years.

Eugene
ERKAN

Russian scumm

Post by ERKAN »

No you got it all wrong I meant legal copies (I'll make isos from my old games)
Right now I only have 1 game left
Its called
Agent: Special assignment from Buka!
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Is it a game you have developed yourself?
timofonic

Re: Russian scumm

Post by timofonic »

ERKAN wrote:No you got it all wrong I meant legal copies (I'll make isos from my old games)
Right now I only have 1 game left
Its called
Agent: Special assignment from Buka!
Do you have more info about that game? Is it an adventure game? If it is, are there more adventure games developed by that company? It seems you confuse what ScummVM means, it's not an emulator but an interpreter of adventure game engines.

That game is very probably using a different game engine than the ones of SCUMM (an engine by Lucasfilm/LucasArts TM), so it needs to get reverse engineered or get the source code from the developers with legal permission. Reverse engineering a game for implementing the engine is a quite difficult and slow task, current developers are busy with real life stuff and reverse engineering other engines plus other things of the ScummVM development so it's unlikely that they will implement certain game.

I don't know the status of copyright laws in Russia or public awareness about them, but a copy from your original game discs is not legal except if the game is released as freeware/public domain. It seems you missunderstand this too.